Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 10:59 AM

Zell Am See.

I've been toying with and looking on line into having our holiday in Austria at Zell am See next summer ( early I know but I enjoy researching places to visit). I just wondered if any of you has ever been there and if so what did you think of it ?
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 01:35 PM

Re: Zell Am See.

Pretty amazing scenery and good clean facilities, Austrians always friendly but a bit busy in town. We preferred a smaller resort and stayed at Fucshl.
Wherever go in Spring or early Summer and take stout shoes to do some walking on the hills behind the lake area, the wild flowers are just fantastic. Other walkers will always give you a "Grüß Gott ".
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 02:19 PM

Thanks Eric.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 03:22 PM

Allan , sorry I spelt Fuschl wrong , also Wolfgang on the next see is really nice.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

25-08-2014, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
Allan , sorry I spelt Fuschl wrong , also Wolfgang on the next see is really nice.
You are forgiven Eric. We had a holiday at St Gilgen on lake Wolfgang many years ago but we've never been to Zell am See.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 03:41 PM

Zell-am-See... we stayed near there for our honeymoon - 40 years ago and we've been thinking about going back there some day. BUT, I never think that far ahead for holidays - we don't even know what we're doing for the remainder of this year or if (and where) we may go in December.

If you go there before me, I'd be interested to get some info.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK

25-08-2014, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
You are forgiven Eric. We had a holiday at St Gilgen on lake Wolfgang many years ago but we've never been to Zell am See.
Remember being at St Gilgen, (just down the road from Fuschl), we were sitting by the see and it was strange as one after another beaten up coaches loaded up with passengers went past one after another and Wartberg cars, some with trailers and sheds on the back. All day these were going past hundreds and hundreds. We then found out that the Communist borders around Czechoslovakia had come down, (the Velvet Divorce,) and the population of the former states had taken the opportunity of discovering the rest of Europe .
1991 ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top