Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 12:46 PM

Rome

We are going to Rome in September for a few days .
Has anyone been to Rome and had good or bad experiences ?
Anything I should do while there or anything I should avoid ?
Any information gratefully recieved
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 01:22 PM

Re: Rome

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
We are going to Rome in September for a few days .
Has anyone been to Rome and had good or bad experiences ?
Anything I should do while there or anything I should avoid ?
Any information gratefully received
Wow!

I'm envious Abbey.

I can't offer any relevant advice I'm afraid - but I do hope you enjoy your visit.

We will be in Cyprus in September! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 01:36 PM

How wonderful Abbey - always wanted to go
Love everything about Italy
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 01:40 PM

Hi Abbey, Yes i've been to Rome back in 1979 on an excursion trip from Pesaro where i was staying on holiday with my friend.
It's a fantastic place. We went to the Coliseum and the Spanish steps, were the Trevi Fountain is all lit up at night. We also went into the Vatican City were the Sistine chapel is, you felt a strange aura when you walk into the City the feeling as if you were nearer god, and a very emotional experience it was.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it as we did
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Not recently…

We had our honeymoon in Rome in November 1963. We found many places to visit and I don’t think that you can go wrong. We found it noisy then so it will no doubt be a lot louder now.

I remember visiting the Coliseum, the site of the Roman Forum, St Peter’s Basilica, the Catacombs and Hadrian’s Villa (at Tivoli outside Rome). The food was exciting since 51 years ago there wasn’t much good food around in the UK. It will be brilliant now.

Have a good time.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 01:50 PM

Learn a few words-it helps.

I got to GCSE A* in Italian but you do not need that much. Grazie,Prego,vorrei
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
Not recently…

We had our honeymoon in Rome in November 1963. We found many places to visit and I don’t think that you can go wrong. We found it noisy then so it will no doubt be a lot louder now.

I remember visiting the Coliseum, the site of the Roman Forum, St Peter’s Basilica, the Catacombs and Hadrian’s Villa (at Tivoli outside Rome). The food was exciting since 51 years ago there wasn’t much good food around in the UK. It will be brilliant now.

Have a good time.
How lovely - wish I had done that - Bournemouth for me
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 01:54 PM

one tip-never pay for a guide-follow the umbrella with one speaking your language
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

09-03-2015, 01:55 PM

In bocca al lupo (good luck)
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 03:55 PM

Thanks for all your replies .
I'm so excited to be going to Rome . The hotel we are staying in is within a short walking distance of all the main attractions . All except the Vatican city which is a short bus journey or a longer walk .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top