Join for free
Page 83 of 370 « First < 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 07:07 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Nice job on the upper body, DM57 is the glider like a Nordic Track skiing machine? Most people here are doing a variety of activities like you are...it's just that OGF and I talk about it a lot . Just ignore me when I become too verbose .

OGF, you were only a minute of your record? That's amazing consideirng the train delay and the wind issues. I do have one question. Who do you think that person is in our heads who is so lazy and keeps telling us we are tired, slow down, my muscles ache, it's raining too hard, or I'm cold? Once they are properly identified, we need to plan to off them somehow...

Off for an afternoon run! Cheers!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Well, very tired today but I did a lot more than I have for the last 3 weeks. Walked a mile back from the Cardiology dept. at the hospital after a checkup, had coffee in town with a work colleague and then walked half a mile home from the local train station. Not bad for only three weeks after the heart attack, I thought...

Unbelievably, while waiting for the local train service to take me home a drunken man fell off the platform onto the track, and apart from a very petite, slimly-build young woman in her late teens I was the only other person there to help him back onto the platform!

He was so drunk he couldn't do a lot so muggins here had to do most of the work and he seemed a ton weight. Just what I needed after being so tired after a busy day, but I couldn't just leave him lying there, sigh. The young lady and I were a good team - she phoned an ambulance while I pressed the alarm on the platform and got the operator to stop the train somewhere further up the line.

I'm sure the Universe has a strange sense of humour!! Every time I try to take it easy something weird crops up!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:15 PM

Good work Tachyon, one small step and all that... Walking is a great springboard back to fitness after a Heart Attack. Just two weeks after my Heart Attack Mrs Fox and me spent a couple of nights in London, mainly to visit the London Eye, but we did an awful lot of walking visiting other attractions while there. It had been booked for ages and I was determined to make the journey. I had not been diagnosed with what had caused the Heart Attack before the visit, and I must admit I was very apprehensive (even frightened) doing that much activity so soon after the Attack....

You were very brave assisting the drunken bloke, putting your own life in jeopardy but some things just can't be ignored.....

After six weeks I had to attend the local hospital for a group meeting with the coronary nurse to make sure we were doing all the right things to aid our recovery. After the meeting drew to close the nurse had heard of my intention to walk the four miles home. "You can't walk home so soon after a Heart Attack" she exclaimed....."Why not" I said "I walked it here"....She was gobsmacked....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Nice job on the upper body, DM57 is the glider like a Nordic Track skiing machine? Most people here are doing a variety of activities like you are...it's just that OGF and I talk about it a lot . Just ignore me when I become too verbose .

OGF, you were only a minute of your record? That's amazing consideirng the train delay and the wind issues. I do have one question. Who do you think that person is in our heads who is so lazy and keeps telling us we are tired, slow down, my muscles ache, it's raining too hard, or I'm cold? Once they are properly identified, we need to plan to off them somehow...

You're right Surfermom, as long as I can remember there has always been that nagging in my ears (Other than Mrs Fox) wanting me to slow down or even quit. It is particularly vocal when the rain lashes against my bedroom window and I am so comfortable, snug and warm tucked up in bed....... But I've yet to regret my decision to get out and go for it......And It would be a safe bet that this is echoed by every runner who has completed their running apprenticeship....
DM57
Las Vegas
DM57 is female  DM57 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 05:07 PM

It is a simple machine...more like snowshoeing lol.It does give a whole body workout and gets that heart rate up

Today is on the Glider and core workout.
Be smart and safe and enjoy everyone!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 04:41 AM

DM, I know what you are talking about and I think they are great machines - lots of aerobic activity that is kind on the joints. I am sure you must love it.

Today my run was a sold, happy five-miler in low humidity and temperatures. For my second day back in the saddle, it felt wonderful, though I am anticipating some muscle soreness in the morning. There is only one way to find out...I am soon off to bed.

I stole this from OGF's "Bob's Bits" but it is a must read here:

You can do anything if you have enthusiasm,
Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes rise to the stars.

Enthusiasm is the spark in your eye, the swing in your gait,
the grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of your will
and the energy to execute your ideas....

Enthusiasm is at the bottom of all progress!

Henry Ford 1863 - 1947

Yes, Bob! You are so right!
DM57
Las Vegas
DM57 is female  DM57 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 06:03 PM

DM, I know what you are talking about and I think they are great machines - lots of aerobic activity that is kind on the joints. I am sure you must love it.

Today my run was a sold, happy five-miler in low humidity and temperatures. For my second day back in the saddle, it felt wonderful, though I am anticipating some muscle soreness in the morning. There is only one way to find out...I am soon off to bed.

I stole this from OGF's "Bob's Bits" but it is a must read here:

You can do anything if you have enthusiasm,
Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes rise to the stars.

Enthusiasm is the spark in your eye, the swing in your gait,
the grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of your will
and the energy to execute your ideas....

Enthusiasm is at the bottom of all progress!

Henry Ford 1863 - 1947

Yes, Bob! You are so right!
Yes Sufermom I do enjoy it. Thank you. Today is lower body and errands. Starting Sunday I am stepping my workout up a bit again I am adding my hardcore full-body dance aerobics back in. Holidays and all. Have a great day and be safe.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 07:06 PM

Oh dear Tachyon well done you. I have to own up to a broad smile reading your thread.

I am with you all in spirit, as they say. I have been tottering around on high heels for two weeks in preparation for the foot torture I will be putting myself through at my Daughters wedding later in the year. My husband has to rub oils into my feet every night to compensate for the pain I am enduring.

Saying that, I actually managed a 20 minute run today, which was only cut short by my sports bra, which has a front zip, bursting open. Luckily I had a sweatshirt on. I walked briskly home
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

20-10-2017, 05:01 AM

Cedronella, lovely to hear from you. What a sacrifice we make for our children! I am sure the groom is a very fortunate man. Best wishes to them both.

Well done on your run! I have had the same happen with front closures. I doubt most men have had to cut a run short because of a wardrobe malfunction . How did it feel to be out there? I managed another rebuilding run and the weather was spectacular, though my speed was not. I will just take comfort in the fact that all of my apparel managed to stay positioned properly .
DM57
Las Vegas

22-10-2017, 05:46 PM

Good morning. A bit under the weather but still going to do some yoga today. Hope all have a great and safe workout!

Page 83 of 370 « First < 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top