Join for free
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 03:43 PM

Bit sad today

Yesterday we should have boarded 'Arcadia' for a World voyage - 114 days, around S America, Australasia, up through Indo-China to Japan, S Korea and China, across to the US and then home via the Panama Canal.

Sadly we had to cancel as MOH is due to have a minor op in a couple of weeks time. The problem arose at around the time we had to pay the cruise balance, which meant we couldn't get travel insurance, and we weren't prepared to gamble such a large amount.

So we're both a bit sad his morning, knowing that we should have been settling in today, and looking forward to seeing some fantastic places.

Fortunately, P&O have been wonderful. Our booking has been moved to 2017, and a world circumnavigation on 'Aurora', our favourite ship. We lost no money, and all our cruise benefits have just been transferred over.

And we now have an extra twelve months to get excited, and to sort out visas, currencies and luggage!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 03:50 PM

Re: Bit sad today

That's sad Deb but family come first I think, so you did the right thing even though it's causing you pain.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 03:52 PM

As you say Deb - another twelve months to look forward

I understand where you are coming from though. Doid you see the news item yesterday (I think) showing the Three Queens leaving Southampton on their respective long trips? Fireworks+++ We thought it would have been fabulous to be part of that - though probably a pretty good sight from Mayflower Park Soutampton too (and a whole lot cheaper)

All good wishes for the surgery, and a very speedy recovery
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Doid you see the news item yesterday (I think) showing the Three Queens leaving Southampton on their respective long trips? Fireworks+++ We thought it would have been fabulous to be part of that - though probably a pretty good sight from Mayflower Park Soutampton too (and a whole lot cheaper)
Didn't see it, but I know it happens for the ships leaving on their world trips. We did a 99-night trip around the world on 'Aurora' back in 2012, and as we left Southampton we had a band playing, fireworks and flutter-fetti pumped over us! We had a fabulous view from our balcony, and the celebration bottle of champagne my BiL had had delivered to our cabin certainly added something!

The Mayflower Park was packed with people waving us off!

Can't wait to go again
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 04:01 PM

I really feel for you DebW but health has to come first, and it gives you a bit more time to go through the brochures and decide if there is anything else that you want to do and see whilst you are away next year.

You were very lucky that they transferred everything over for you and this year will fly past.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2016, 04:03 PM

Sorry that you are saddened by this, but make the most of having a whole year to anticipate, plan, and get excited again!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top