Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 12:22 PM

Re: Feeling with the Heart

Originally Posted by Realist ->
But of course the water comes from itself. It is the same water that goes around and around in the Earth's never ending cycle. The water thunders over the waterfall and makes its journey down river and seeps into the ground wherever it travels. The gentle warmth of Mother Earth then heats it to the point where it rises from the soil as mist and vapour, taking with it tiny particles, up to the atmosphere where it begins to condense, form droplets which eventually fall back down as rain or snow. Then the cycle begins anew, again and again forever.

It is the cycle of life itself as you well know. The very macrocosm that is mimicked by the alchemists in their constructed microcosms. As above so below.

"the Artist has only to look on while Nature gradually matures his substance."

The whole process which we employ closely resembles that followed by Nature in the bowels of the earth, except that it is much shorter.

if we would explore Nature in our Philosophy, and attain the desired successful results, we must tread the books of Nature with our feet.

Nature must serve as the foundation and the mode of science: the Art also works according to Nature as far as it can. It is necessary then, that the Artist observe Nature and operate as she operates.

I note EOAP that you do not accept PMs. Would you consider changing that?
PM's ? I do not know what you are refering to. Please explain..
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 12:33 PM

Sunsets and sunrises are always breath taking no matter where in the world you are or are visiting.

Whilst watching them they are you or me times, when we each have our own thoughts and feelings .

Best parts of a day .
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Sunsets and sunrises are always breath taking no matter where in the world you are or are visiting.

Whilst watching them they are you or me times, when we each have our own thoughts and feelings .

Best parts of a day .
There is a story behind the sunrise. When ancient man awoke in the morning he would face the east to not only watch, but to greet the dawn of the coming new day. He did so facing the Sun with hand stretched out to his sides. Ancient man notices that the shadow he casted behind him was that of a cross.

So the cross is a very ancient symbol. It far reaches past the times of Christ and in its original conception, the cross was not given a religious connotation, but rather one more referring to the evolution of man.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-30-06-53-43-1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	213  
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 12:59 PM

Another beautiful sight and again it does not matter where you are is mist.

Whether it is across water/mountain/forest/land it is always thuought provoking and lovely to photograph
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2016, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
PM's ? I do not know what you are refering to. Please explain..
PM - Private Messaging

It is a feature of your profile/membership. If it is enabled then any forum member is able to send you a message which will appear in your profile Inbox. No-one except you and the sender can see such messages, hence they are private.

In a nutshell, pretty much all forums have this feature. It's a bit like a mini-email system that exists inside the forum. It's very useful when people want to exchange thoughts and ideas or ask questions with specific people instead of doing so in the open forum threads.

If you look at the forum toolbar at the top of the screen you should see the "Control Panel" option. Click on it. Then on the screen that appears, on the left hand side there are lots of options. Click the one called "Edit Options" which is about the 8th one down.

Scroll down the screen and you will see the settings for "Private Messaging". Yours will currently say that it is not enabled. If you click the togglebox to enable it then I will be able to send you a PM.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

31-01-2016, 02:34 PM

PM - Private Messaging

It is a feature of your profile/membership. If it is enabled then any forum member is able to send you a message which will appear in your profile Inbox. No-one except you and the sender can see such messages, hence they are private.

In a nutshell, pretty much all forums have this feature. It's a bit like a mini-email system that exists inside the forum. It's very useful when people want to exchange thoughts and ideas or ask questions with specific people instead of doing so in the open forum threads.

If you look at the forum toolbar at the top of the screen you should see the "Control Panel" option. Click on it. Then on the screen that appears, on the left hand side there are lots of options. Click the one called "Edit Options" which is about the 8th one down.

Scroll down the screen and you will see the settings for "Private Messaging". Yours will currently say that it is not enabled. If you click the togglebox to enable it then I will be able to send you a PM.
I was under the impression that my message box was on. I went in to reconfirm it and I rechecked my profile page and its on now.

In any event, I like your comments Realist. You touched on many sacred points of the mystic. Like what is above, so is below and the Book of Life. Of course, its easy to quote words, its value is much more profound if one understands its true meaning. I am not implying that you do not understand these words, simply that a lot of study gpes into these words for one to acquire a reality about them. I for one continue on my journey
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Hi EOAP

No I'm afraid your "Private Messaging" is still disabled.

Check through the instructions I provided and see if you can enable it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 06:04 PM

Hi EOAP

No I'm afraid your "Private Messaging" is still disabled.

Check through the instructions I provided and see if you can enable it.
Hi Realist - Eyes has a little way to go before pm is activated
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hi Realist - Eyes has a little way to go before pm is activated
Oh. Is it linked to the number of posts you make or something similar?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2016, 07:32 PM

Oh. Is it linked to the number of posts you make or something similar?
You have to be a member 3 months ..........

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top