Join for free
Page 69 of 1676 « First < 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 569 1069 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 10:30 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah be God your in great form there Gumbud.

I had a good mate when I was in me twenties, and this is true, he was a football nut and a keep fit addict with muscles everywhere, a real He-man as they used to say. Himself and his missus would have a drink with the wife and me every Saturday night. One night when he was out in the toilet she told us that she came home from work early as she was worried about him, he was supposed to be sick in bed, he didn't hear her come up the stairs and when she opened the door there was yerman all dolled up in her clothes with makeup on admiring himself in the wardrobe mirror!
I couldn't stop laughing picturing the sight and when he got back to the bar he asked me what I was laughing at, that only made me worse, I wasn't the better of it for weeks I can tell you, but gentleman that I am I never mentioned it to him. Not surprisingly they split up soon afterwards.
THat reminds me of a story about Princess Diana's BUtler/driver Paul Burrell.
It goes something like this

Diana was in Paul BUrrell's capable hands after an evening engagement.

"Paul, my rock " she said, "Take off my knickers"
and he did
"Take off all my clothes", and he did.

"Don't ever let me catch you wearing my clobber again" she remonstrated with him.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 10:37 PM

This is serious Stuff, I must remember that.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 12:06 AM

I can't help thinking old Gummy has had a lobotomy or something. Seems a shadow of his former self. So this is where the 'reformed' geezer hangs out eh?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 10:28 PM

Paul Burrell alias "The Rock". My missus was a great fan of Rock Hudson, you couldn't say boo about him, he's just too gorgeous altogether, so manly. When I told her he was as gay as a carnival she just wouldn't accept it, broke her heart it did.

I see an ad come up on the computer about who you were in the past, interesting and I started to follow it up to find out, but when they wanted an email address I cancelled it, I think I already know who I was in the past, I was one of the twelve apostles, the James fella, I still get nightmares about choking on sand after spending forty days in the desert waiting for himself to quit praying and come down from that mountain, and me stomach has never been the same from eating all them Figs. I never touched a drink until I went to the last supper, what a night that was, just when everything was in full swing himself stands up and says “Tonight someone here will betray me” then me mate Judas shouts up at him “Ah stop giving out and sit down, your always the same with drink on yeh” I thought there was going to be a boxing match but Peter the gaffer calmed the two of them down, the next morning I was dying so I asked Mary for a glass of water “And don’t let that son of yours near it… please” oh yes folks I was there alright.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 10:41 PM

nice one Jem - I hope you are putting these short stories into book form well at least on cd for your future offsprings to savour?

was watching a re-run of the moon landing last night and one of the astronauts said and I paraphrase " up there I got a real sense of God - not the one of all our different religions here on earth but a God above and beyond all of those" the REAL BIG FELLA HEH? I knew there had to be one of those!! THE BIG DADDYO!

another one said "unless you were up there jumping about in ya big suit on the soft soil you would have no idea how ridiculous conspiracies theories could be"

getting there was easy but getting back a much bigger challenge. a collectors item

I'm looking forward to the Mars event but not sure if they make it I will??
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2016, 10:52 PM

Probably not Gummy, I am indifferent to space travel, it is best to get to grips with the concept of expiring here and now, on this piece of rock, rather than on some sort of celestial body.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Probably not Gummy, I am indifferent to space travel, it is best to get to grips with the concept of expiring here and now, on this piece of rock, rather than on some sort of celestial body.
I thought this WAS a celestial body?

I once met a lovely blond with a celestial body - all the rings in the right places - her teeth sparkled like diamonds especially at night in the night glass, didn't need moonlight she was the moonlight and it certainly made me stand up and pay attention.

alas she only circled twice and then took off leaving me with a tablespoon of moondust to sprinkle on me cornflakes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-08-2016, 08:25 AM

[QUOTE=gumbud;968006]I thought this WAS a celestial body?

I once met a lovely blond with a celestial body - all the rings in the right places - her teeth sparkled like diamonds especially at night in the night glass, didn't need moonlight she was the moonlight and it certainly made me stand up and pay attention.

alas she only circled twice and then took off leaving me with a tablespoon of moondust to sprinkle on me cornflakes.[/QUOTE]

Now your splitting hairs, where we sit is flat, how come all the immediate celestial bodies we observe are spherical?, not a cuboid insight, one should never stop, trying to insert a square peg, into a round hole
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 10:21 PM

Are there Celestial undertakers to attend to Celestial bodies? Celestial body snatchers? Celestial body shops?
We have reached the stage scientifically where we are facing a brick wall and we won’t get by that wall until we unlock the secrets of quantum physics, what we call miracles are happening all the time in that field of study.
I wish God would come back one more time and explain things, there are hundreds of questions I’d love to ask him, like what did he use to cure Lazarus from that massive hangover. But I don’t think he’ll be coming back to this shit hole of a planet after his last experiences here, one week (palm Sunday) they hail him as a King when he enters Jerusalem and the next week (Easter) they flog him to within an inch of his life then nail him to a cross, with hospitality like that who in their right mind would come back.
Talking about nails, an enterprising chap from Cork named Murphy owned a foundry producing all sorts of metal products but the fine sturdy nails they made were his pride and joy. He took out a full page ad in the national paper, it showed the crucifixion scene on top of the mount, the picture showed one of Christ’s arms down by his side and the caption underneath read “They didn’t use Murphy’s nails”
I’m indebted to Father Jack Kavanagh who told us that story in the vestry many years ago when we were altar boys, a fine and truly caring priest, never in bad humour and a very funny man, he was reported to the bishop several times for getting through the mass too quickly much to the delight of the males in the congregation who loved to get out quickly and down to the local on a Sunday morning, he was always invited to the weddings and he was loved by all the parishioners, they don’t make priests like him anymore. God be with you Jack (flash) Kavanagh.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-08-2016, 10:28 PM

There is a kav around here, a plumber I would guess, his van decals say "Kavs for Lavs".

Page 69 of 1676 « First < 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 569 1069 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top