Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 03:05 PM

Re: Dubrovnik

The Croatian coastline is a magnet for British(and European)boat owners.
A lot are moving from the Med to The Adriatic coast.

I've not been to the city but I have visited(briefly)the surrounding regions.
Not by boat, I must add.

Have a wonderful time.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 03:30 PM

Another worthwhile trip is on the Dubrovnik Cable Car, the 778 meter journey gives you breathtaking views over the Old City. The upper station has two panoramic terraces equipped with binocular...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=5580

We have also taken boat trips from the Harbour to a few of the many islands. Lokrum, one of the smaller islands, is a 10 min ride from the harbour and was one of my favourites. The year we visited, they were excavating some Roman ruins. It's a peaceful island (no traffic) with woods to walk through (be careful you don't step on the tortoises wandering around!) peacocks and their young in the wild and in the trees, ruins of a castle and a monestry ..... and two most welcome cafes to enjoy a cooling drink.

One must though ..... use plenty of mossie protection

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=5581
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 04:15 PM

Last year the mozzies ruined my holiday.
A new 'Tiger Mosquito' has just spread to the Adriatic and made our holiday a very nervous affair !
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 04:24 PM

Hi Mags, we go in 2 months time and I think we can cope with a 2 hour stroll. Looking forward to it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 04:49 PM

Somewhere I would like to visit, it does look stunning.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top