Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 12:47 PM

What a Croc of...

All the wetlands of the NT are swarming with salties (Saltwater or Estuarine Crocs) they are protected and their numbers have exploded. These are some I saw on the Alligator River - there are no Alligators in Australia the river was named in 1881 by someone who didn't have a clue. There is an East Alligator River and a West Alligator River too no one bothered to correct the name.

They seem to be fearless and a bit creepy at the same time, these were about 3 metres long.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Croc.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Saltie.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wallowing.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Being investigated by a saltie.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	894  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 01:12 PM

Re: What a Croc of...

I am glad we haven't got any wild ones here
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 01:23 PM

Miami is a city that is full of canals which leads to alligators. Some venture into pools and just yesterday, a house was being built, the worker left the door opened and when the returned the following morning, they found an alligator inside the house
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Miami is a city that is full of canals which leads to alligators. Some venture into pools and just yesterday, a house was being built, the worker left the door opened and when the returned the following morning, they found an alligator inside the house
OMG scary stuff to find an alligator in ur house
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 02:31 PM

Their peculiar eyes give me the creeps. You can never tell quite where they're looking.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Hi Painter

We were walking through Key west one day when a couple of guys past us with one in a very large bag. An everyday occurrence I understand.

I love alligators, I think they are so prehistoric looking.

Why are the native Americans considered to be 'at one with nature' when they sell the skulls of baby gators in their shops?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 06:19 PM

My son is a tour guide in Kakadu, Bruce. Was on Ch7 "Sunrise" the other day and will be on "Getaway" shortly.
If I knew how, I would post a pic of the "munch" a 5 metre croc took out of his 4 metre aluminium boat - whilst he was in it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 06:20 PM

MUNCH! That sounds like a good idea for a film.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2016, 06:21 PM

Shades of "Jaws" ?
Pumicestone
Australia

30-04-2016, 06:22 PM

Problem is that the 'munch' sometimes means 'crocodile lunch'.
Usually only tourists though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top