Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 05:59 PM

Re: Winter in the Canary Islands

Thanks for all the replies.

Apologies if I didn't phrase the post very well - I'd like to spend some of next winter in the Canaries. I'd be travelling by myself, so would probably be better in a hotel than an apartment - maybe an apart-hotel would be good.
The big question is: which of the islands? I see there's a "Wild Street Part" as part of the Tenerife Carnival in February, but I think some of the other islands also have Carnivals.
Someone I used to know spent about a month on one of the islands a couple of winters ago and said there was dancing in the streets every night!! So, somewhere with a bit of life sounds good.
As for peace and quiet - absolutely necessary for hotel location, but access needed to a lively social scene.

PS - The Isle of Wight is lovely, but it gets cold here too!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Hi yes I live in Lanzarote. I can tell you about that
Yes please! I've just posted about a Carnival in Tenerife and I think there's also one in Grand Canaria, but I don't know of anything in Lanzarote.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Yes please! I've just posted about a Carnival in Tenerife and I think there's also one in Grand Canaria, but I don't know of anything in Lanzarote.
Hi Linda I will post on your page a few ideas. All islands have fiestas. Lanzarote is the only island that doesn't have high rise. Probably quieter than the other islands. I will put you onto a friend if mine who has lived in the Canaries for years x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top