Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 11:18 PM

Re: Not very exotic - - - -

This might look like a driveway but it's actually the road to the cottage. Our driveway is on the left, near the canoe planter. As this road only leads to 4 cottages and is a dead-end, the traffic is very light. LOL Anyone enjoy isolation??

lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
...Anyone enjoy isolation??

I do. I do!

Much wildlife around?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 02:52 PM

Several years ago we visited relatives in Rhode Island and later had a 'short' drive north into Maine. We also called in to New Hampshire, or it might have been Vermont?, where we drove up some high ground and had a look round. Trees! Trees everywhere, and they went on as far as the horizon!
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I do. I do!

Much wildlife around?
Raccoons and otters, with assorted other small creatures. We had our bird feeder disassembled by a black bear a few years back, and have seen moose tracks at the beach area and in the road by the cottage. We've never seen a moose but a couple of the neighbors have. Also have an abundance of deer and wild turkeys (which are quite humorous to watch).

Our real treat are the Loons that come and go, usually in pairs. Their calls and yodels are quite entertaining. We're all packed and are driving up there tomorrow morning, for the rest of the month. Not a bad drive after we pass through Boston - - takes about 4 hrs.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 09:18 PM

Dave it looks like a great place for us to have the OFF Christmas party . It is really beautiful and I will make sure they are all in bed with their hot chocolate before 10 pm just to keep it quiet.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
Raccoons and otters, with assorted other small creatures. We had our bird feeder disassembled by a black bear a few years back, and have seen moose tracks at the beach area and in the road by the cottage. We've never seen a moose but a couple of the neighbors have. Also have an abundance of deer and wild turkeys (which are quite humorous to watch).

Our real treat are the Loons that come and go, usually in pairs. Their calls and yodels are quite entertaining. We're all packed and are driving up there tomorrow morning, for the rest of the month. Not a bad drive after we pass through Boston - - takes about 4 hrs.
Sounds a lot like where we live!
No wild turkeys here though.
Our one-dollar coin has a loon on it, and so is called the loonie. Now every loon I see is a loonie!
Have a safe trip tomorrow and enjoy!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2016, 05:30 AM

I hope you enjoy your trip Dave, i would love too live in the wilderness. Here in the UK its hard to find space away fro the works of man.

I call them stand and stare places, somewhere to let nature into my self.

Breathing spaces.

I only see Loons (divers) on passage at sea. Im still hoping to see a Pacific Loon which have started to turn up over here. Due to the fact a migration route has changed because of climate change.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top