Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 06:04 PM

BA airline e tickets

Looking up on the British Airways web site they say you can't obtain " E tickets" ( (ones via the internet) until 24 hours before the flight take off time.

To me it does seem a little short time span considering everything else one has to get ready the day before.

Also they have not updated the information screen on e tickets in their examples.
socialdancer
Dublin, Ireland
socialdancer is female 

23-07-2016, 12:56 PM

Re: BA airline e tickets

I think a lot of airlines now allow a rather short time for e tickets/online check in. We were to travel with BA back in June (had to cancel a few days beforehand but that's another story) and I was surprised that it was only 24 hours. Aer Lingus is the same, and Ryanair is 30 hours I think - Ryanair used to be something like 30 days, but now they charge you to check in early (as do Aer Lingus).
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Looking up on the British Airways web site they say you can't obtain " E tickets" ( (ones via the internet) until 24 hours before the flight take off time.

To me it does seem a little short time span considering everything else one has to get ready the day before.

Also they have not updated the information screen on e tickets in their examples.
Might have this wrong.

But

I book a flight and on the day of that flight I join a queue and book in or if I was more internet savvy go to a "internet terminal" at the air port and book in.

Which I don't do

All I do is go up with my bags and ask a nice lady/man to do it for me at the check in termial

If you do it on line or on a machine at the airport you get the printed ticket but you still have to show it for a nice Lady/man to take your bag a put a sticker on it to were you are going.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Might have this wrong.

But

I book a flight and on the day of that flight I join a queue and book in or if I was more internet savvy go to a "internet terminal" at the air port and book in.

Which I don't do

All I do is go up with my bags and ask a nice lady/man to do it for me at the check in termial

If you do it on line or on a machine at the airport you get the printed ticket but you still have to show it for a nice Lady/man to take your bag a put a sticker on it to were you are going.
I love the electronic boarding pass system, especially easy-jets.

You have the pass on your smart phone and as long as you have hand baggage only there's no queueing so you're through within minutes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top