Join for free
Page 271 of 276 « First < 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 11:28 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Yes I agree, it is a worry when there is no word. There could be a number of reasons though.

To be sensible, if Ffosse is still in ICU, there would no doubt be restrictions in using his mobile with all the sensitive equipment and machines. There used to be stricter rules in ICU than other depts, and I would imagine this is still the case.

He's no doubt still feeling too wretched (or unable) to go to an area where he could use his phone, assuming he'd able to leave the dept - he might be hooked up to equipment.

Plus, with his compromised immune system infection control is so important. How much bacteria is in a mobile? They say our keyboards are rife with it.

So, in either case, he wouldn't be accessing his e-mails.

As no-one is close to him who has his next of kin contact details, if we all continue sending our healing thoughts he will hopefully be receiving them and helping. It's such a long and wretched procedure and recovery.....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Do it now Sweetie please - it's been long enough.
I agree, please contact them and find out. Thanks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 12:28 PM

To quote part of Pesta's post:

" To be sensible, if Ffosse is still in ICU, there would no doubt be restrictions in using his mobile with all the sensitive equipment and machines. There used to be stricter rules in ICU than other depts, and I would imagine this is still the case."

I thinks Pesta makes a lot of sense with this view.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
To quote part of Pesta's post:

" To be sensible, if Ffosse is still in ICU, there would no doubt be restrictions in using his mobile with all the sensitive equipment and machines. There used to be stricter rules in ICU than other depts, and I would imagine this is still the case."

I thinks Pesta makes a lot of sense with this view.
So do I, but we can only assume what the situation is.
Maybe if Sweetie Pie did ring the hospital they could confirm this, that is if they would give any information out to non-relatives.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 01:18 PM

If they won’t give out info to Sweetie, could she ask the staff to pass on her number to his sister? A call back could let us know what is happening, especially if the family is unaware there are many people here longing to know how he is.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 01:23 PM

I've often lied to hospitals about my relationship to a patient when trying to find out how they are.

I know they often say they speak to relatives only so when I called about a friend I said I was her cousin & we were very close.

Sweetie could say the same - they wouldn't know - or she could say she was looking after his pets..

I'm sure sweetie will manage to get through to them..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 04:27 PM

Ok, everyone, I have spoken to the ward just now.
Ffosse is in high dependency and is quite poorly, so is obviously not up to posting. He is mostly sleeping, and I have sent all of our prayers and wishes via the staff.
Let us pray he will be back soon.
I know you were all worried as much as me.
So as we know, he is fighter.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 04:49 PM

Phew - at least he's still with us. I was fearing the worst.

Thanks sweetie.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Phew - at least he's still with us. I was fearing the worst.

Thanks sweetie.
Yes, he is.
I was so worried.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 05:00 PM

Oh well done SP..You're a good Friend to Ffosse ….Thanks for letting Us know x

Page 271 of 276 « First < 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top