Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:39 PM

Re: Men's Shoelaces

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
i tried a pair on like that today but got stuck to the carpet.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:41 PM

I was just pondering this lace thing problem as I bought a pair of leather sketchers this morning and the laces are criss crossed.

I always straight bar my shoes in case of accident etc so went to unlace and redo...and you can't, as the fabric side eyelets are too tight to pass the laces through.

Where has common sense gone
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
I was just pondering this lace thing problem as I bought a pair of leather sketchers this morning and the laces are criss crossed.

I always straight bar my shoes in case of accident etc so went to unlace and redo...and you can't, as the fabric side eyelets are too tight to pass the laces through.

Where has common sense gone
I did manage to change mine but as you say, the eyelets were very small.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since I can't bend that far to tie shoe laces, all my shoes are now slip on. I even have a long-handled shoe horn to assist me.
Better to have a nubile young lass to assist you.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:45 PM

Is there a girls and a boys way of doing shoelaces ? I never knew that.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Is there a girls and a boys way of doing shoelaces ? I never knew that.
Nothing to do with sex tara just two different ways .. the straight bar way is easier to cut off if you fall and hurt your ankle.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:51 PM

I wear Gortex Scarpa hiking boots. The laces are criss-cross and knotted at every crossing. Extremely comfortable, supportive, and waterproof.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:52 PM

Nothing to do with sex tara just two different ways .. the straight bar way is easier to cut off if you fall and hurt your ankle.
I have never thought of it in that way but I do remember trying on shoes as a kid and the assistant said, 'I'll just insert the laces the boys way'. So I have always assumed that is the correct way for male shoes but it does seem as though all new shoes have their laces crossed now.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 04:52 PM

We have always had ours criss-crossed.
solo
UK

13-09-2018, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We have always had ours criss-crossed.
It's just quicker to slip scissors under one lace thickness and cut than under cross laces which is double thickness should you need too in an emergency.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top