Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:51 AM

Re: Reason to Complain

This happened to me a few days ago.

I got a call from my doctor's surgery asking if I had received a letter offering a vaccination against pneumonia. I said I had but didn't understand why I had received the letter because I am not young, not old and have none of the conditions listed. I asked her why I had been chosen. She went off for a moment then returned to say that it was due to my kidney disease that had been reported to them five years ago. When I pointed out that I have never had kidney disease, she went very quiet and said she would have a word with the doctor about my records.

What worries me is that there might be someone out there that should have received the letter instead of me.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:57 AM

The problem with complaining about any professional organisation is they close ranks and support each other.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The problem with complaining about any professional organisation is they close ranks and support each other.
Very true RS.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 09:25 PM

We left our Doctors Surgery and went somewhere else, it was a Medical Centre for the whole Village with 9 Doctors, 7 Nurses, loads of Receptionist and other minor surgery, but getting an appointment there, you have to wait 3/4 weeks, but now we are with a one man band, 1 Indian Doctor, 1 Nurse and 2 Receptionist and you get an appointment on the same day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
We left our Doctors Surgery and went somewhere else, it was a Medical Centre for the whole Village with 9 Doctors, 7 Nurses, loads of Receptionist and other minor surgery, but getting an appointment there, you have to wait 3/4 weeks, but now we are with a one man band, 1 Indian Doctor, 1 Nurse and 2 Receptionist and you get an appointment on the same day.

Good for you Susie.
It seems that bigger isn't always better.
Hope you get on better with your new practice.

Just had a funny thought . . . why do they always call it 'Practice'? Bit unnerving if you think about it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 07:50 AM

Getting an appointment in our hospital is a nightmare .
You have to ring at eight in the morning so everyone does and it takes ages to answer and by that time most of the appointments are gone.
I don't know how one gets to be the first to call I ring a nano second after 8 ( before that it's on answer machine)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:12 PM

It's exactly the same with my practice, Muddy.
The world and his wife all ring at 8 a.m.
I recently tried 32 times before I got through, and then, as you say, all the appointments have already been taken.

My practice uses EMIS, the online booking system though, so sometimes I can book in that way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:33 PM

My practice also uses EMIS online booking.

I recently received a letter about making an appointment to attend the yearly asthma clinic (your medication stops if you don't go ) so I went online to book my appointment also to book a blood test with the phlebotomist which I have to
do every 6 months but I found I was unable to do so now

I had to make my appointments by telephone which rather defeats the object of online booking.
When I queried this I was told ' Unfortunately we have had to remove the facility because patients were making inappropriate bookings '
It seems if patients were ubable to get an appointment with a doctor they were booking appointments with anyone who was available
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

18-03-2019, 11:54 PM

It's got a bit scary Meg.
What with it being so hard to get appointments, then a shortage of ambulances, huge long waits in A & E, and now withdrawing online bookings, looks to me like they are trying to thin a few of us oldies out!

My GP has just tried to get me an 'Urgent' appt. at the hospital to see a consultant, and the best they can offer me is middle of May!
If that is what is called 'urgent', I hate to think what the wait is for 'routine' ones now.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I just don't see that doctor again. I think i.d be worried i.d get kicked off the surgery if I complained.
That's the way I feel too.

I just see another doctor.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top