Join for free
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 05:24 PM

Introducing your new home phone calls bundle

Can someone help sort my head please

Letter from BT:

INTRODUCING YOUR NEW HOME PHONE CALLS BUNDLE

'We've looked at how much you're spending on calls over the year, because we want to make sure you keep getting the best value from us' (yea, right )

'You currently spend an average of £1.70 on calls every month but our new calling bundle, My Anytime Calls, means you get unlimited calls and minutes to UK landlines for a flat monthly fee. So you can talk as much as you like to UK landlines for less.

* Your average monthly spend on calls over the year is £1.70 pm
* Now with My Anytime Calls it's £1.50 EVERY MONTH giving you unlimited calls and minutes to UK landlines.

You don't have to do anything. We'll automatically add your new MAC bundle to your calling plan on 14 April 19'.

(Then it tells what to do for opting out).

Question:

If my present call plan includes FREE w/end calls, surely the above means I would be CHARGED £1.50 per month for those FREE calls at w/end - I do understand I would also be getting unlimited any other time calls too, but those are few, anyway.

So according to my thinking, I reckon I would be paying for something per month, which is now free for me.

Or am I thinking it wrong?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 09:05 PM

Re: Introducing your new home phone calls bundle

Another thing to consider is will your monthly flat fee increase as a consequence?

Can't see a saving of 20p is worth it if you only use free weekend calls in any case.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:32 AM

I've got a basic talk/broadband deal with SSE - they only give me 70 minutes free calls at the weekend.

Using the phone during the week is extortionate but I make so few calls, I tend to use my mobile instead.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:00 PM

We have a similar letter and are struggling to understand Pesta, in our case we spend £1.50 a month on calls and the new plan charges us £1.50 for free calls. I assume they know what they are doing.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 09:41 PM

I opted out of it.

My 18 mth contract runs out in Sept and part of my bargaining tool for a new contract will be to add free day and evening calls to my already free w/end calls.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top