Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:50 PM

Re: Aching Legs

You'd have other symptoms with a vit D deficiency and you'd have pains in other muscles if it was from statins. I'd take Mup's advice and see your GP before self medicating. The symptoms you have are quite specific and unusual enough for your GP to send your for some tests given your underlying conditions.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You'd have other symptoms with a vit D deficiency and you'd have pains in other muscles if it was from statins. I'd take Mup's advice and see your GP before self medicating. The symptoms you have are quite specific and unusual enough for your GP to send your for some tests given your underlying conditions.
If he's taking statins I'd put a fiver on it been them Annie....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If he's taking statins I'd put a fiver on it been them Annie....
Only a fiver?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And sunshine.....
There is a blood pressure test they can do Zuludog where they attach a pad to your ankle as well as your arm to test if there is an imbalance in pressure, worth pointing it out with your doctor if it's restricted arteries in your legs. good luck!..

You mean a Doppler Ultrasound test, Foxy?
They put BP cuffs on both arms and both ankles and can then tell whether the blood is circulating down to your legs properly.

Non-invasive, and can be done at the GP's.

I agree with Annie, in that if it was the Statins you would not get achy legs only.
Zulu did say it happens upon exertion, and eases off if he rests a mo.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-03-2019, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They put BP cuffs on both arms and both ankles and can then tell whether the blood is circulating down to your lets properly.

I agree with Annie, in that if it was the Statins you would not get achy legs only.
Mups someone I work with complains of similar symptoms and the post made me wonder whether she has the same problem. Only affects her legs and she's not on statins. But she has mild diabetes.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 06:27 PM

They put BP cuffs on both arms and both ankles and can then tell whether the blood is circulating down to your legs properly.

Sounds about right Mupsy, I had it done the other day on the Bluecrest Medical Screening. They said I had the body age of a 53 year old.....
Pity they couldn't assess my brain......it would have come out younger at ten!....

Anyway, a couple of people I know who have had reactions to Statins have only had leg joint and muscle problems that prevented them from walking and doing their jobs.

One bloke is a painter and decorator and could not climb a ladder while on Statins, he has since recovered after he stopped taking them. I suppose that preventing you from walking is more noticeable than experiencing some weakness in the upper body because your arms are not responsible for supporting your body.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-03-2019, 10:09 PM

I'm not a fan of statins OGF. My mum had some muscle pain from them and I know someone else who went right downhill after he was put on them. My friend who has cancer ended up being diagnosed after a bad reaction to statins the first time she took them. A mixed "blessing" as her cancer was invisible but makes me wonder what on earth they do to your body. Has the OP been taking them?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-03-2019, 11:17 PM

I'm not sure if Zuludog has been taking statins Annie but I know they sometimes prescribe them when you have diabetes.
I heard somewhere that statins don't just lower cholesterol but assist in breaking down the plaques that congregate on the walls of arteries, especially in the legs and I believe Zuludog mentioned that he was diabetic, so it's likely that he is taking them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 11:29 PM

Talking of Zuludog . . . where's he gone?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

27-03-2019, 12:00 AM

Talking of Zuludog . . . where's he gone?
To his GP hopefully!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top