Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 04:38 PM

My Thoughts on Brexit.

I don’t know about anyone else on here who voted to leave the EU, but I get the distinct feeling from reading the usual Remain supporting media, that just because committed remainers have voiced their opposition to Brexit with such gusto, whilst the Leave voters have remained quiet, it must give the impression that many of us who voted to leave in 2016, are now regretting it. How wrong they are!.

I don’t for a moment doubt that our crappy politicians have been emboldened to make the traitorous decisions they have, on this assumption, and are trying their hardest to either revoke or go for a soft Brexit. They seem totally oblivious to the fact that any one of them that votes for anything other than Theresa May’s deal (not the Brexit we wanted) or leaving with no deal (hurt for a while but at least delivering what the people wanted) will cause such a backlash against each and everyone of them, as well as their parties themselves.,
They won’t know the meaning of Armageddon if any, but the above two choices, does not go ahead.

Just think about it. Here we are, almost three years later and Leave voters still don’t regret for a moment, their decision to vote leave. That to me in itself is extraordinary! One only has to read the posts on OFF by leave voting posters. We all still feel as strongly today about Brexit going ahead, as the day we put our cross next to the questions - Leave or Stay - in a democratically held referendum.

Oh yes, all you remainers are quick to point out that it was only an advisory referendum. Just another media introduced aside to add to your suit of armour as you attack Leavers.
It certainly suits your agenda of insulting and demeaning the winning team. What hypocrisy! You do not have to be a fool to know that if Remain had been the winner in the Referendum, the result would immediately have been classed as sacrosanct, a true and democratic decision taken by the British public. I dare you to deny it!

Let’s be honest, Bubblewrap London and the Southeast will be pleased if Brexit doesn’t happen, but they need to beware. The rest of Britain will cause absolute political chaos at the very earliest opportunity. Remember those recent gains the Tory party gained in the Midlands and the North because of their misguided belief in them taking us out with Brexit? Well, I can almost guarantee they can kiss every one of those gains goodbye, plus, the actual existence of their own parties will be so vulnerable anywhere north of Watford, they will be wetting themselves.

You just watch what the new two in-words will be when these same MP’s come calling for our votes. YOU LIED! In fact, I think that if a new party were to be formed called “YOU LIED” in any leave voting constituency north of Watford that was betrayed, I could see the votes come tumbling in for them. We would be spoiled for choice between THE BREXIT PARTY and YOU LIED. I would certainly enjoy that because voting for the latter would show just how much my precious vote means in our elitist led society, and how it was spat on by the establishment.
I would hope that millions of others would do the same. After all, replacing the clowns with a tiny independent party - with policies that they probably wrote on a fag packet - who could possibly tell the difference to what we have now? I would rather vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party than either of the vile two mainstream parties.

Anyway, back to the serious. If Brexit doesn’t happen, can you imagine what is going to happen in a general election? Imagine the clowns who were there at the time,lifelong established politicians in their safe seats,regularly seen smirking and snarling at the cameras in the HOC at the mere mention of Brexit, Just think, instead of coming out with the usual crap they speak in order to get their once fooled constituents votes, having instead to spend the whole of their time explaining to the electorate who trusted them to fulfil their wishes, spluttering out excuse after excuse as to why they lied and voted agaInst them? I really would love to be a fly on the wall listening and watching them sweat as they realise they are truly out of a job.

That my fellow posters, will be Armageddon. Established parties completely demolished!

I cannot wait. Whether Brexit is stolen from us by the establishment or not, We WILL speak with the one thing that will hurt them. Our vote. Don’t rip it up please. Use it instead to rid us of the vermin that infects our democracy.

Well, that’s it. My thoughts on it all today. Definitely a tirade but I feel better for having typed it. LOL. Makes me sound like a revolutionary when I read it back. Oh Well, life left in the old dog yet. Now where’s me union flag?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 04:46 PM

Re: My Thoughts on Brexit.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don’t know about anyone else on here who voted to leave the EU, but I get the distinct feeling from reading the usual Remain supporting media, that just because committed remainers have voiced their opposition to Brexit with such gusto, whilst the Leave voters have remained quiet, it must give the impression that many of us who voted to leave in 2016, are now regretting it. How wrong they are!.

I don’t for a moment doubt that our crappy politicians have been emboldened to make the traitorous decisions they have, on this assumption, and are trying their hardest to either revoke or go for a soft Brexit. They seem totally oblivious to the fact that any one of them that votes for anything other than Theresa May’s deal (not the Brexit we wanted) or leaving with no deal (hurt for a while but at least delivering what the people wanted) will cause such a backlash against each and everyone of them, as well as their parties themselves.,
They won’t know the meaning of Armageddon if any, but the above two choices, does not go ahead.

Just think about it. Here we are, almost three years later and Leave voters still don’t regret for a moment, their decision to vote leave. That to me in itself is extraordinary! One only has to read the posts on OFF by leave voting posters. We all still feel as strongly today about Brexit going ahead, as the day we put our cross next to the questions - Leave or Stay - in a democratically held referendum.

Oh yes, all you remainers are quick to point out that it was only an advisory referendum. Just another media introduced aside to add to your suit of armour as you attack Leavers.
It certainly suits your agenda of insulting and demeaning the winning team. What hypocrisy! You do not have to be a fool to know that if Remain had been the winner in the Referendum, the result would immediately have been classed as sacrosanct, a true and democratic decision taken by the British public. I dare you to deny it!

Let’s be honest, Bubblewrap London and the Southeast will be pleased if Brexit doesn’t happen, but they need to beware. The rest of Britain will cause absolute political chaos at the very earliest opportunity. Remember those recent gains the Tory party gained in the Midlands and the North because of their misguided belief in them taking us out with Brexit? Well, I can almost guarantee they can kiss every one of those gains goodbye, plus, the actual existence of their own parties will be so vulnerable anywhere north of Watford, they will be wetting themselves.

You just watch what the new two in-words will be when these same MP’s come calling for our votes. YOU LIED! In fact, I think that if a new party were to be formed called “YOU LIED” in any leave voting constituency north of Watford that was betrayed, I could see the votes come tumbling in for them. We would be spoiled for choice between THE BREXIT PARTY and YOU LIED. I would certainly enjoy that because voting for the latter would show just how much my precious vote means in our elitist led society, and how it was spat on by the establishment.
I would hope that millions of others would do the same. After all, replacing the clowns with a tiny independent party - with policies that they probably wrote on a fag packet - who could possibly tell the difference to what we have now? I would rather vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party than either of the vile two mainstream parties.

Anyway, back to the serious. If Brexit doesn’t happen, can you imagine what is going to happen in a general election? Imagine the clowns who were there at the time,lifelong established politicians in their safe seats,regularly seen smirking and snarling at the cameras in the HOC at the mere mention of Brexit, Just think, instead of coming out with the usual crap they speak in order to get their once fooled constituents votes, having instead to spend the whole of their time explaining to the electorate who trusted them to fulfil their wishes, spluttering out excuse after excuse as to why they lied and voted agaInst them? I really would love to be a fly on the wall listening and watching them sweat as they realise they are truly out of a job.

That my fellow posters, will be Armageddon. Established parties completely demolished!

I cannot wait. Whether Brexit is stolen from us by the establishment or not, We WILL speak with the one thing that will hurt them. Our vote. Don’t rip it up please. Use it instead to rid us of the vermin that infects our democracy.

Well, that’s it. My thoughts on it all today. Definitely a tirade but I feel better for having typed it. LOL. Makes me sound like a revolutionary when I read it back. Oh Well, life left in the old dog yet. Now where’s me union flag?

If it makes you feel a bit better, the DUP will not support Mays deal, which means neither with the ERG.

Expect to be out of the EU with a clean break on 29th March, which will mark the start date of global Britain.

Remainers will then lie as well in a few months after, saying they voted in favour of leaving the EU when in fact, they voted remain, because, just like in the referendum, they cannot cope with being failures.

... and Yvette Cooper Balls will be living in one of Blairs rented houses somewhere nobody can find her in a very dark corner of the world.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Expect to be out of the EU with a clean break on 29th March, which will mark the start date of global Britain.
Oops bread, haven't you heard? The EU has set a new date, either april 12, or may 22. With all options open for a longer extension in case theresa's deal will not be accepted.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 05:07 PM

Bread, I will believe it when it happens. As far as I am concerned, the date 29th March has been kicked into the long grass. It may only be a further 14 days, or a further six weeks or so later, but Theresa May, along with her majority of Remain supporting Cabinet and the Commission, have ensured that this gives those wishing to destroy the Brexit we were promised, ample time to further plot against the people.

Theresa May should go now. She is as treacherous as the flotsam sitting on those green seats in the HOC. Don't believe for a moment, her bravado in front of the cameras, spouting out her lie of "standing with the people by delivering Brexit". She is speaking with a forked tongue.

I am pleased the DUP has refused to back her. Any Prime Minister who could blatantly stand in front of millions of British people and state publicly that "No Prime Minister would ever agree to NI being treated differently from the rest of the UK" during the withdrawal agreement negotiations, and then sign that same deal doing exactly the opposite, is simply a traitor and is unworthy to continue in office!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 05:13 PM

Bread, I will believe it when it happens. As far as I am concerned, the date 29th March has been kicked into the long grass. It may only be a further 14 days, or a further six weeks or so later, but Theresa May, along with her majority of Remain supporting Cabinet and the Commission, have ensured that this gives those wishing to destroy the Brexit we were promised, ample time to further plot against the people.

Theresa May should go now. She is as treacherous than the flotsam sitting on those green seats in the HOC. Don't believe for a moment, her bravado in front of the cameras about "standing with the people by delivering Brexit". She is speaking with a forked tongue.

I am pleased the DUP has refused to back her. Any Prime Minister who could blatantly stand in front of millions of British people and state publicly that "No Prime Minister would ever agree to NI being treated different from the rest of the UK" in the withdrawal agreement, and then sign that same deal doing exactly the opposite, is a traitor!

I live in hope but I still think that UK law is UK law and can only be changed by parliament not by the prime minister and the EU alone (parliamentary sovereignty ?)

Nice of Nigel Dodds to throw a grenade at the prime minister about the Irish backstop in the commons. She certainly looked like she had been found out that it was her and the EU that were using it to stop us leaving.

Treaterous cow I hate her
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

25-03-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I live in hope but I still think that UK law is UK law and can only be changed by parliament not by the prime minister and the EU alone (parliamentary sovereignty ?)

Nice of Nigel Dodds to throw a grenade at the prime minister about the Irish backstop in the commons. She certainly looked like she had been found out that it was her and the EU that were using it to stop us leaving.

Treaterous cow I hate her
I admire your optimism Bread. Unfortunately, the snakes in our Parliament are relishing in their recently acquired powers,and will look for any loophole to change the law at the earliest opportunity. (no doubt before the new date of 22nd May). As I said previously, that gives them plenty of time to plot.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-03-2019, 05:27 PM

I admire your optimism Bread. Unfortunately, the snakes in our Parliament are relishing in their recently acquired powers, will look for any loophole to change the law at the earliest opportunity. (no doubt before the new date of 22nd May). As I said previously, that gives them plenty of time to plot.
I don't think there is time to change the law as it needs to be tabled in the HoC then the HoL and then Royal Ascent.

If we truly have parliamentary sovereignty then our official leave date according to UK law is the 29th March still. The EU may rule that on their side it is 12th April but if that is the case, then it gives us 2 weeks to roll over our trade deals and all the issues (like Irish backstop, Uk participating in EU elections, trade etc) go away.

(rubs his lucky heather in nervous anticipation ...)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 05:29 PM

Whilst I agree with you completely, I don't know about your suggestion re. voting.

The three people who always stand in my constituency represent these three parties: Conservative, Limp Dems, and Loony Party. The Loonies don't stand a chance; they never receive many votes, so it is a toss-up which of the other two would get in next time.

I could never vote for any of the three.

So, unless Nigel Farage's new party should stand, who should I vote for?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 05:38 PM

Here I'm in the middle of a safe tory seat and a safe stay seat very few around me would vote leave, my choices are few as very few parties that I would vote for bother to put up candidates. So I am going to spoil my ballot, something I have never ever considered before but putting none of the above seems the best way to protest all this.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 05:39 PM

I admire your optimism Bread. Unfortunately, the snakes in our Parliament are relishing in their recently acquired powers,and will look for any loophole to change the law at the earliest opportunity. (no doubt before the new date of 22nd May). As I said previously, that gives them plenty of time to plot.
And let us not forget that all of these delays represent more and more of our money finding its way to Brussels to keep the dictators in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top