Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 11:36 PM

Re: My Thoughts on Brexit.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Funny how NI voted to remain (I assume).
Will the UK let them remain, together with the rest of ireland? Solving the problem of a border in ireland.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
That's just my point. Parliamentary sovereignty will not allow for the EU to change the date. UK law is UK law
Try and do some homework before you come on here blabbering crap.

In the event that the Withdrawal Agreement is approved by the House of Commons by 29 March 2019 at the latest, the period provided for in Article 50(3) TEU is extended until 22 May 2019.

In the event that the Withdrawal Agreement is not approved by the House of Commons by 29 March 2019 at the latest, the period provided for in Article 50(3) TEU is extended until 12 April 2019. In that event, the United Kingdom will indicate a way forward before 12 April 2019, for consideration by the European Council.
Englander
New Member!
Northern uk
Englander is male 

27-03-2019, 06:28 PM

I am one leave brexiteer that will not keep quiet and would like to add the question .......why has there been no mention to my knowledge about the rampant bribery and corruption that exists within the 28 countries of the EU in all this Brexit mess? Before you remainers jump down my throat please search out a report by the BBC in 2014 and exposed publicly by the then EU,s commision employee Cecelia Malmstrom in her words the bribery and corruption within the 28 countries of the EU is 'breathtaking' to the tune of 120billion Euros annually. This was the same year Marta Andreasen joined the EU as chief accountant and according to the book she wrote that the EUs own auditors had failed to sign off the EUs own accounts for previous 14 years. Her book 'Brussels laid bare' is also 'breathtaking' exposing the corruptive wheeling and dealing throughout the EU more prevalent in some countries more than others.It was also reported by a telegraph journalist more recently, that the bribery and corruption is now most likely to be 990billion euros annually again all has been chosen to be ignored. Are you going to say that this is fake news perhaps you are but seek and you will find the information meanwhile if we remain the UK along with Germany and possibly France will continue to prop up the rest of bankcrupt European countries. I cannot understand why anyone would want to be part of this type of organisation.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Englander ->
I cannot understand why anyone would want to be part of this type of organisation.
Hmmm ... something to do with

* having trading partners

* laying down the law on trading standards

* helping poorer states, and keeping them out of trouble.

* erm ...

I not saying things went according to plan.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 06:53 PM

The sooner Maybot goes the better AFAIC .
I will vote for the* marxist *, much as it pains me , just to give a poke in the eye for Tories. They all think themselves soooo clever , but wait till they out of a job because they betrayed us, big time .
I would like to say what my opinion of them is , however it would probably get me banned.
I will give you a clue, it involves Ladies private parts & begins with C , & has 5 letters .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 07:30 PM

Hi Englander, welcome to Off. Hope you have your tin helmet handy! lol.

d00d, ,Shropshire voted 57% Leave, 43% remain, so I would say that was a resounding voice to say we have had enough of being ruled over by faceless. unelected bureaucrats over the Channel.

As to your remarks re my dislike of London. Well, considering I am married to a true Cockney and lived in London happily for many years, that's rather an assumption on your part.

When I refer to London, I am referring, as you well know, to the elite establishment. our present motley crew of clowns in Parliament,plus past has-been politicians sticking their noses in.

If you object to that, sorry, don't care.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 07:34 PM

She will only resign if her deal or treaty as NF calls it goes through. Bercow has yet to bugger things again.

Someone has plans to rid parliament of the speaker.

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/youarefired.htm
Englander
New Member!
Northern uk
Englander is male 

27-03-2019, 07:37 PM

All at the expense of the UK? Hmmm umm
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The thing is that only the people of Scotland and those of Londonistan voted heavily in favour of remaining in the EU.

The truth is that the people of Scotland labour under the assumption that they have a voice of equal weight to the population of England on the basis that both Scotland and England are equal partners in the United Kingdom, and find it difficult to understand how we, the English, can outvote them when it comes to such things as Brexit.

On the other hand, the people of Londonistan are blissfully unaware of the very existence of anyone else outside of their city and, consequently, wonder how on earth the vote on Brexit didn't go their way.

Typical little Englander rhetoric. Scotland is a country whether you like it or not and deserves to be heard as a supposedly respected partner in the UK project. Please read up the history of the formation of the UK and have some respect. The term Londonistan is somewhat racist old chap but it’s what I’ve come to expect from some on here. Your a jolly good recruitment officer for the SNP old fruit, keep it up... tally ho.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 07:43 PM

Boris is backing May.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top