Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 09:32 PM

Pilgrimage - the road to Rome

Really enjoying this on BBC2 just now. A good mix of personalities and faiths. Including Lesley Joseph (who is brilliant) and Les Dennis. They are trekking a long trodden pilgrimage route which originally started in Canterbury and ended in Rome. The group started in Switzerland with a spectacular climb over mountains into Italy. Great tv and very interesting subject.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 08:56 AM

Re: Pilgrimage - the road to Rome

Yes a very good and interesting program
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:45 AM

I did in fact put my alarm on to remind me of this, Annie, as I so wanted to see it.
Just about to settle down and 'Hey presto !' A friend whom I have not heard from for 2 years phoned and talked for an hour and a half !

So, missed it, but hopefully will get it on catch up.

The last one I really enjoyed , 'walking Camino de Santiago'.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 11:12 AM

PD you could go on BBC i player to catch up. It was really worth watching. Looking forward to the next episode.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 12:59 PM

I enjoyed the first episode too. I would quite like to do something like that but would have to gag Lesley Joseph so that I could enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
PD you could go on BBC i player to catch up. It was really worth watching. Looking forward to the next episode.
Yes, Annie I did that last night. Enjoyed it, but it seemed a little bit more chopped than I remember the last one. (as in, hopping from one thing to another quite quickly)

As you say, looking forward to the next episode. How many are there altogether .. is it 3 again ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 03:23 PM

I loved it and would love to do it !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top