Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Re: Why the House of Lords May Save the Day

[QUOTE=Bread;1679657]
Originally Posted by Banchory ->

Keep on believing treasury reports and Bob Geldof then. If you want to have a debate with me by all means have one, but if your just going to throw insults around and behave like a petulant 9 year old then please stop wasting my time.
I haven’t read or listened to a word Bob Geldof has said on Brexit and my words were not intended to insult only to convey what I see.

Quite what you were inferring with your references to the Chinese silk toad project or Fiat using s loophole to avoid paying fines due to their high emissions caused in part by their Ferrari, Maserati and Alfa Romeo high performance and emission brands
Incidentally Aston Martin rebadged the Toyota IQ for similar reasons
The key thing is that the EU are setting targets to reduce emissions, they just need to close the loopholes

The Chinese project carries a caveat emptor risk but ZI seem to remember recent headlines parading the first Chinese folk tosh train to arrive in the UK and trade with China is one of the prize goals of many Brexiteers and I for one would not trust an isolationist weakened UK desperate for trade deals entering into trade deals with China
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=Banchory;1680155]
Originally Posted by Bread ->
The Chinese project carries a caveat emptor risk but ZI seem to remember recent headlines parading the first Chinese folk tosh train to arrive in the UK and trade with China is one of the prize goals of many Brexiteers and I for one would not trust an isolationist weakened UK desperate for trade deals entering into trade deals with China
I wonder whether the situation in portugal is in anyway comparable to the UK?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 10:08 PM

"the first Chinese folk tosh train"

The What? Funny how the 4 of you keep developing typoitis when desperately responding. In this case tosh may be particularly apt.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
"the first Chinese folk tosh train"

The What? Funny how the 4 of you keep developing typoitis when desperately responding. In this case tosh may be particularly apt.
Ignorance is bliss isn't it !!!

Yes there was such a train only last year all the way from China and we sent one back too loaded with containers. Now the Channel Tunnel is open, it is now possible to travel overland alll the way across Europe and Asia to and from China.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ignorance is bliss isn't it !!!

Yes there was such a train only last year all the way from China and we sent one back too loaded with containers. Now the Channel Tunnel is open, it is now possible to travel overland alll the way across Europe and Asia to and from China.
That opens great possibilities for the UK in the EU. In the sixties and seventies products "made in china" were imported on a large scale. Now the UK can import cheap labour from china (a new orient express!). No tariffs on the import of people, free movement within the EU.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top