Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:08 PM

Horse dies in the National

I was horrified and very sad to see the poor horse fall at the first fence .
Immediately I knew from its struggles it was seriously injured .
Horse leap to their feet when they fall.
I suspect it broke its neck or suffered a severe spinal injury .
Poor thing .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:23 PM

Re: Horse dies in the National

It's such a waste too.

Since they brought the height of the fences down some years ago, the GN is no longer the race it used to be. Literally any horse had a chance to win back then because anything could happen at any fence. Now it's all just a case of the fittest horse wins (IF the jockey is racing to win).

No longer much point having a punt.

On that basis the whole race is a waste and we could just do away with it and spare the horses.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:43 PM

Cruel so called sport.
Victoria is one of the few states that still has jumps racing.We've all signed a petition but sadly it still goes on.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:55 PM

Cruel sport - time it was banned.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 10:05 PM

I was watching and saw this poor horse and others fall at the first fence. I think it was trampled on by other horses and to see it writhing about on the ground it was obvious it was seriously injured and it was horrible to see. In my opinion a large contributing factor for this accident was the sheer number of horses and riders trying to get into a position and all jumping (or wading through the jumps) together. I think to have this sort of situation is highly dangerous for horse and rider and I would like to see a restriction on the numbers running. Cut the runners down by at least 50% and let them have some room to manoeuvre. A very sad thing to happen, but it happens over and over again and will keep on happening unless something is done about it. Time to make some radical changes IMO. When I looked at the report of the race it referred to the owners having said they have had a terrible year in that they have now lost two horses - they have had a terrible year, what about the horses? I have no sympathy for the owners at all.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 10:56 PM

Way past time that disgusting race was stopped for good.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1554589333567.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	9189  
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 11:12 PM

So sad to see one of these beautiful animals in such distress.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I was watching and saw this poor horse and others fall at the first fence. I think it was trampled on by other horses and to see it writhing about on the ground it was obvious it was seriously injured and it was horrible to see. In my opinion a large contributing factor for this accident was the sheer number of horses and riders trying to get into a position and all jumping (or wading through the jumps) together. I think to have this sort of situation is highly dangerous for horse and rider and I would like to see a restriction on the numbers running. Cut the runners down by at least 50% and let them have some room to manoeuvre. A very sad thing to happen, but it happens over and over again and will keep on happening unless something is done about it. Time to make some radical changes IMO. When I looked at the report of the race it referred to the owners having said they have had a terrible year in that they have now lost two horses - they have had a terrible year, what about the horses? I have no sympathy for the owners at all.

Oh I so agree with you Aerolor.
Money and greed, that's all it's about.

I have never bet on that race in my life, and never will.
It is too gruelling and cruel. I wish it would end.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 06:50 AM

Look on the bright side.

How many hundreds of dogs will be feed with the carcass.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 08:24 AM

Very sad,but how many more times,does a horse have to die,for this type of entertainment,.i certainly wouldn't call it a sport,..once again,money making machines,..imo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top