Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Victim Or Widow?

Victim is on BBC1 at 9pm on four consecutive nights this week.

Widow is on at 9pm on ITV. There are eight episodes, two of them have been on this week.
I am recording both series

With Victim, l get confused with the three dark haired men but l suppose this means any one of them is the murderer?

With Widow, there are so many flashbacks but l suppose they will all make sense in the end.

Is anyone watching one or both of these new series?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 11:28 AM

Re: Victim Or Widow?

I read the reviews in the RT and decided against both!
Victim because there's lots of stuff about Congo and child soldiers etc, and also some grisly details about how the blind man lost his sight... or was that Widow??!!
They both sounded 'orrible miserable and unhappy
I'm away for three weeks soon and honestly can't be arsed with any more violence.

(But The Bay and MotherFatherSon both brilliant!! )
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 11:36 AM

ruthio, You’re not missing much!

They are both dark and dismal but l can fast forward them and watch them really quickly.
The Congo is featured in Widow. I just keep watching as I want to see if her husband is really dead.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ruthio, You’re not missing much!

They are both dark and dismal but l can fast forward them and watch them really quickly.
The Congo is featured in Widow. I just keep watching as I want to see if her husband is really dead.
As soon as I read the bit about the blind man and how he lost his sight I screeched! Don't do eyes!!
Let me know if hubby is dead! Bet he's not!
Bet he turns out to be a baddy!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 12:13 PM

Sometimes I think you post my thoughts Art. It's a good question, Victim or Widow? So far I am not that bothered about either of them. Both programmes flick around in various timelines without warning so it's difficult to know what is going on. They haven't even made the characters look a bit different. I suppose Widow has the slight edge for me but it's a close call on which one is the most boring.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 12:14 PM

I started watching Victim, but gave up about three-quarters of the way through the first episode.

I didn't watch Widow.

As you say, I don't want to watch dark, dismal, violent programmes at the moment.
I want to be cheered up!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I started watching Victim, but gave up about three-quarters of the way through the first episode.

I didn't watch Widow.

As you say, I don't want to watch dark, dismal, violent programmes at the moment.
I want to be cheered up!
I just wish someone could tell a story with a beginning, a middle and an end. Is that too much to ask?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-04-2019, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
As soon as I read the bit about the blind man and how he lost his sight I screeched! Don't do eyes!!
Let me know if hubby is dead! Bet he's not!
Bet he turns out to be a baddy!
Widow, isn’t too bad at least it has some intrigue in it!

The blind man is telling lies about how he lost his eyesight!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sometimes I think you post my thoughts Art. It's a good question, Victim or Widow? So far I am not that bothered about either of them. Both programmes flick around in various timelines without warning so it's difficult to know what is going on. They haven't even made the characters look a bit different. I suppose Widow has the slight edge for me but it's a close call on which one is the most boring.
Longy, Yes, and you post my thoughts too when discussing television programmes. These things jump out at you, don’t they?

I just wish the three men in Victim could have something about them that makes it easier to distinguish one from the other.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-04-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->

I didn't watch Widow.

I want to be cheered up!
Pyxell, Victim is one of those programmes that you can go out of the room, come back in later and you haven’t missed a thing!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top