Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 11:35 PM

Van Gogh Starry Night

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...88&FORM=WRVORC

This looks wonderful
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 11:58 PM

Re: Van Gogh Starry Night

Amazing! I would love to visit......VanGogh is a favorite of mine.
Thanks for sharing this.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...88&FORM=WRVORC

This looks wonderful
Wow - would love to go there!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 03:01 PM

Amazing & beautiful.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 03:13 PM

I never appreciated Van Gogh's paintings till I visited a gallery, in Amsterdam, that only showed his work.
The emotions he was feeling, at the time of painting each, were very obvious. What a shame that his talent was only recognized when he was no longer able to enjoy the fruits of his work!
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I never appreciated Van Gogh's paintings till I visited a gallery, in Amsterdam, that only showed his work.
The emotions he was feeling, at the time of painting each, were very obvious. What a shame that his talent was only recognized when he was no longer able to enjoy the fruits of his work!
That is very true.

Was it worth the mental misery he went through just to paint?
Could anything be worth that?
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 09:25 PM

A lovely post.
Visited Arles a few years ago where Vincent spent son years- No wonder that he painted there - the light was extraordinary

The monastery of Ste, Paul de Mausole in Arles where Vincent sought help.

The cloisters

The garden of Arles Sanitorium where Vincent was sent to after his time of anxiety and madness. Not quite the view from his window but close enough to his painting.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 09:43 PM

Poor Vincent so gifted and so troubled .

I hope to be going to see this light show next month in Malaga where it is at the moment .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
That is very true.

Was it worth the mental misery he went through just to paint?
Could anything be worth that?
I have always believed that his painting was his way to express his feelings , rather that cause them! As I walked through the gallery, that displayed many of his paintings, I went through emotions from " oh that is a nice picture" to some that made me think "oh god, how sad he must have been to paint this".
When an artist can project his feelings, through his art, I see it as a very worthwhile talent.....and one that may have helped him deal with his problems, before he felt his only option was suicide!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 10:50 PM

I would love to go to see that exhibition. I hope it comes somewhere near to me.

I think Don Mclean did a good job of describing van-gogh and his feelings when he wrote Vincent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxHnRfhDmrk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top