Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 05:20 PM

Apparently I am a total failure ..

.. as a Cat Staff person - I have that on good authority.

Bought a different, and cheaper, brand of cat food earlier this week. Both of them ate it - seemed to enjoy it - then all hell broke loose.

Willow was constipated - and cried when she tried to defaecate - bought medicine on advice from from vet - and her bottom exploded - everything she has ever eaten for at least a year - jet propelled all over the kitty box and the loo floor!

Meanwhile ...

Nemo began projectile vomiting - everywhere!

Vet has advised starving both of them for 24 hours as long as they have access to plenty of boiled/cooled water.

They do not like being starved. They do not like boiled/cooled water - and are protesting - LOUDLY - about it.

I am sure the neighbours must be thinking I am strangling them and I expect a visit from Cat's Protection inspectors any minute - they are just round the corner!!

Moral of the story - stay away from cheap cat food!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 05:47 PM

Re: Apparently I am a total failure ..

Ah poor Willow and Nemo, now you know what its like when Coco has her explosions!!

I can't give Coco any Cat Food at all, she has such a weak stomach, she only eats Tinned Tuna in Spring Water.

They will be better by tomorrow.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 06:00 PM

Sorry to hear that Tabby, I hope they are OK soon. I wonder what was in the food to cause that? Perhaps you could mention the neame to prevent others from buying it.

Our two will only eat 'Felix as good as it looks'
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sorry to hear that Tabby, I hope they are OK soon. I wonder what was in the food to cause that? Perhaps you could mention the neame to prevent others from buying it.

Our two will only eat 'Felix as good as it looks'
Same as ours - good old Felix
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Same as ours - good old Felix
Trouble is, all the boxes look the same so if we get the wrong flavour we've had it. They only eat the poultry/ meat one.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 06:14 PM

Trouble is, all the boxes look the same so if we get the wrong flavour we've had it. They only eat the poultry/ meat one.
Ha same again - he don't like the fish one.
He likes the one with Lamb / chicken / ham & beef.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-04-2019, 06:24 PM

Ha same again - he don't like the fish one.
He likes the one with Lamb / chicken / ham & beef.
That's it. They just walk away from the fish one... they would rather starve.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

11-04-2019, 06:27 PM

That's it. They just walk away from the fish one... they would rather starve.
Fussy gits.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-04-2019, 06:27 PM

Fussy gits.....
Yep!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 06:39 PM

All cats are fussy, so imagine how hard it is for me, with 5!

Tabby get your two back on the Whiskas & they will soon be back to normal.
I often resort to cooking fish or chicken mixed with a level teaspoon of boiled rice! That may help yours if they aren't better by tomorrow Tabby...the fish cured one of mine when he had a bad tummy

Fender & Longdogs, my cats eat a lot of Felix but they are cutting down on the number of their different ranges.... so much so that I have been ordering my cats favorites from a company that supplies Europe. My lot like the Felix Sensations Crunchies or Jellies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top