Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 07:11 PM

Re: Apparently I am a total failure ..

Oh dear I hope they're better soon.

My two will not eat Tesco food, they like Aldi and Lidl jelly pouches, I don't buy the gravy ones because they're hard to get out of the pouches.
They'll only eat biscuits if there are a couple of Dreamies on top.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 07:34 PM

Hope they are ok soon.

Holly is getting fussy now, unless she’s just not hungry. She can go without tonight: I’m not opening and wasting another sachet, or tray, just cos she’s turning her nose up at the duck now. We’ve already established she doesn’t like salmon flavour anymore.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
All cats are fussy, so imagine how hard it is for me, with 5!

Fender & Longdogs, my cats eat a lot of Felix but they are cutting down on the number of their different ranges.... so much so that I have been ordering my cats favorites from a company that supplies Europe. My lot like the Felix Sensations Crunchies or Jellies.
I hope Sainsdreary's don't stop selling it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 09:06 PM

The one that caused to problem is one I have not heard of before - and don't ever want to again!

It is Pascoe's, fish variety, in jelly. Says it has vitamins and minerals to boost the immune system, and extra zinc for healthy skin and fur. Free from artificial flavours and colours.

Twink: They would not eat chicken and/or rice - that is people food!

If they don't gnaw my arms off during the night they are back on Whiskas and Felix - fish variety - in jelly - with a little Go-Cat kibble. No 'Dreamies' for another 24 hours.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 04:53 AM

Sorry about that ST nothing worse than sick cats. Our cats are very fussy and will only eat gourmet perle and iams. When I have tried any other wet food the elder cat treats it like a poo. She makes as if she wants to bury it!

I have found iams is worth the money because both cats and dog always get a glowing report from the vet and they don't get tummy trouble. I think if i changed anything there would be trouble.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 05:12 AM

I'm amazed people know what their cats like mine change their minds....what was wonderful last week might kill them this week
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm amazed people know what their cats like mine change their minds....what was wonderful last week might kill them this week
That is what I mean about them being fussy Summer!

I find mine will really enjoy something new, but I never stock up on it because they will refuse it few days later. Over the winter I have been giving food, on the lawn, to a hungry stray. He is never fussy and after 3 months feeding him ( on the food that my cats reject) he is no longer starving so just eats what he needs.

Always remember the saying... " Dogs have owners, but cats have slaves!"
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:47 AM

Well ... we have made it through the night. The kitty box is still clean and there are no suspicious blobs of anything anywhere. Management are in the kitchen - looking pointedly at the space where their food bowls ought to be.

Will start them off with half a Whiskas pouch each and see if that stays put!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well ... we have made it through the night. The kitty box is still clean and there are no suspicious blobs of anything anywhere. Management are in the kitchen - looking pointedly at the space where their food bowls ought to be.

Will start them off with half a Whiskas pouch each and see if that stays put!
Poor Willow & Nemo! Tabby I hope you are going to stay with them all day & attend to their every need.

I think Nemo would enjoy a bit of button pushing.... so make sure he has access to the radio, your PC & the heating controls!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-04-2019, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Poor Willow & Nemo! Tabby I hope you are going to stay with them all day & attend to their every need.

I think Nemo would enjoy a bit of button pushing.... so make sure he has access to the radio, your PC & the heating controls!
Funny you should say that, Twink. Last week a neighbour and her 3yr old son visited. Son had one of those books with keys /buttons to press to sound musical notes. Nemo was fascinated - sat by the child all afternoon - taking turns at button pressing. It was a joy to watch.

Might have to buy him one for Christmas!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top