Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 06:00 PM

Re: My own personal protest

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Mock all you may Solasch. Brexit may well be being hijacked by traitors in collusion with foreign countries, but if article 50 is revoked as you so wish, your problems, along with your precious EU, are only just starting!

As you can bear witness Solasch, as has happened in your own country, people have started to question the rights and wrongs of the EU, and, again as in your country, populist or far-right parties are winning government seats. Many of those same parties will be putting candidates forward in the EU elections, and there is nothing to suggest that they will not win.
If they do, look out! the cosy little cartel you so adore is in for some ruddy big changes, long overdue.

So, either way, win or lose with Brexit, we will have something to look forward to.

So you continue to mock. It will be short-lived the way things are looking.

You are referring to the regional elections and the electorate gain by forum for democracy. After elections the factions were formed. In the netherlands that's a matter of compromizing. Forum clearly proved to be unable to do that. In only one of twelve regions they now are in government, in a fraction with our labour (party for arbeid=labour).
That's the way true democracies function.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 05:24 AM

Re: My own personal protest

Originally Posted by BritishWelshProud ->
I am an EX- Navy man and a proud British Citizen.
You are not a "citizen". You are a Subject of the Crown, like the rest of us residing in the "United Kingdom" (better "Divided Kingdom").

"Citizen" is a democratic, republican term - which is why it is a favourite of Sinn Fein.

Incidentally, many "remainers" are proud to be British too - though, given the Brexit fiasco, I am keeping quiet about being English, as the Scots & Irish have far more savvy when it comes to knowing which side their bread is buttered on.

Brexit is an English problem - as well as a ludicrous Tory vanity.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top