Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 08:42 PM

Does anyone else....

hate Antiques Roadshow? or is it just me? It has always felt a bit like a filler show which they broadcast when there are gaps in the schedule, but these days it seems like it's on all the time, a bit like Bargain hunt (another one of my pet hates).

Perhaps I am an outlier and there are lots of fans here?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 09:00 PM

Re: Does anyone else....

Not something I ever watch.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 09:11 PM

I can't stand either of them, Annie, you are not alone!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 09:34 PM

Most TV programmes, with a few rare exceptions, are 'filler' programmes these days.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 09:39 PM

We watch it,my OH is very interested in antiques.Not that you get many of those,it's more collectables.(A biro John Lennon used in 1963,etc...)
It is amusing to see the reaction of the people,you can see that although they feign interest in the history of the thing,all they really want to know is how much it's worth.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 01:30 AM

Smith & Jones version of the Antiques Road Show

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
hate Antiques Roadshow? or is it just me? It has always felt a bit like a filler show which they broadcast when there are gaps in the schedule, but these days it seems like it's on all the time, a bit like Bargain hunt (another one of my pet hates).

Perhaps I am an outlier and there are lots of fans here?
I'm with you, they're a bunch of pooftahs and wankers, "Oooh... really.... worth that much? I am surprised... but I am never going to sell it." Well, why bring the bloody thing along in the first place? Get out of here.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 04:31 AM

There are too many of these type of programmes on TV, especially in the afternoons.
Antiques Roadshow used to be okay but now most of the experts are interchangeable with Flog It, David Dickenson's Deal whatever and that terrible programme where two auctioneers tramp around middle class villages via an old sports car. That pr!ck with the glasses in the pinstripe jacket and yellow trousers, the two old pompous baldy blokes and that horrendous frumpy Scots woman with the black split ends haircut and that droning voice. Paul Dickenson in his purple velvet jacket gushing all over an old lady's prized attic find about the value of a Thunderbirds Lady Penelope Fab1 car and all that moneygrabbing garbage.
Bores the pants off me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 04:36 AM

I used to like it but it's a bit old hat now....there are only so many times you can be amazed at something so ordinary looking can be so valuable...I think it's had it's day.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
There are too many of these type of programmes on TV, especially in the afternoons.
Antiques Roadshow used to be okay but now most of the experts are interchangeable with Flog It, David Dickenson's Deal whatever and that terrible programme where two auctioneers tramp around middle class villages via an old sports car. That pr!ck with the glasses in the pinstripe jacket and yellow trousers, the two old pompous baldy blokes and that horrendous frumpy Scots woman with the black split ends haircut and that droning voice. Paul Dickenson in his purple velvet jacket gushing all over an old lady's prized attic find about the value of a Thunderbirds Lady Penelope Fab1 car and all that moneygrabbing garbage.
Bores the pants off me.

Floydy, do you realise, you have just trashed all that is being "English"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top