Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 05:39 PM

Do BBC iPlayer, ITV & Channel 4&5 on demand cost extra to watch?

I have a TV licence but I've started to watch the 'on demand' extra programmes (not Freeview) programmes on my digital smart TV. Do I pay any more for this on my existing internet charge or are these channels free to watch?

Thanks
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 05:56 PM

Re: Do BBC iPlayer, ITV & Channel 4&5 on demand cost extra to watch?

I don't know to be honest, but I would have thought that if they did come at a price, you would have been billed before being allowed to watch?

One other thing to consider, though, is whether you need a TV licence to watch the BBC ones?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 05:58 PM

Depends on your internet data allowance. I have unlimited, but my provider has never stepped in and accused me of going over, something that BT did regularly to my brother and sis in law, and all they did was play games on FB.

Check with them, and if you feel you need more data try and find a suitable package. If you download in HD the file size is bigger.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 05:58 PM

All free as far as I know mate
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 05:59 PM

But yes, they are free to watch, otherwise.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 09:30 PM

Thanks all.
Sorted. It appears my telephone/internet provider includes BBC iPlayer within their monthly tarriff charge, so it's free.
The ITV Hub, Channel 4/5 stations I'm not bothered about as most of their programmes are geared towards chavs.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-04-2019, 04:09 AM

BBC iPlayer is a great service. You're straight into the beginning of the programme with no messing about, then the next episode is ready straight after.
I'm loving catching up with things I miss because I work nights and I've just started to watch Killing Eve from the beginning
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks all.
Sorted. It appears my telephone/internet provider includes BBC iPlayer within their monthly tarriff charge, so it's free.
The ITV Hub, Channel 4/5 stations I'm not bothered about as most of their programmes are geared towards chavs.
Sorry that does not make sense.

Your provider can have no restriction on any Iplayer/youtube.piratebay/ programs.

Up to last year you could watch the BBC on the iplayer and not have a licence if you watched it no age limit.

Lucky for me last year I hit 75 so got a free licence not that I needed one.

(Do not have a TV in my house)

Which am told this will/might be stopped next year and will have to pay. but will carry on watching on the internet if it happens.

The mind boggles.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-04-2019, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Sorry that does not make sense.

Your provider can have no restriction on any Iplayer/youtube.piratebay/ programs.

Up to last year you could watch the BBC on the iplayer and not have a licence if you watched it no age limit.

Lucky for me last year I hit 75 so got a free licence not that I needed one.

(Do not have a TV in my house)

Which am told this will/might be stopped next year and will have to pay. but will carry on watching on the internet if it happens.

The mind boggles.
I do have a TV licence.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 07:25 AM

Floydy, I'm now a bit confused...

Thinking about it, I have free Apps on my iPad for all the major TV channels, to watch catch-up stuff.
You get them from the App Store and they are all free, and nothing to do with my internet provider.

Is that what you mean, or are there other iPlayer etc. facilities that you are talking about?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top