Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 07:51 AM

Re: The Shawshank Redemption

He didn't have a mouse -that's the green mile -he had a bird .
Pay attention you at the back !
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He didn't have a mouse -that's the green mile -he had a bird .
Pay attention you at the back !
Oh of course, quite right Muddy!
And that bird died (as well as the old man) before he scaped anyway. I need to watch it again before I pass any more comments on it before I get the Muddy tut-tut
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 09:10 AM

I know nearly everyone in the world raves about this film and for many, it is their favourite film of all time.

So, l think l am probably the only one in the world not to really like this film.
I found the film harrowing and so cruel in parts. The man’s life wasted in prison for 50 years.
Yes, he got his revenge but was still locked up for all those years.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I know nearly everyone in the world raves about this film and for many, it is their favourite film of all time.

So, l think l am probably the only one in the world not to really like this film.
I found the film harrowing and so cruel in parts. The man’s life wasted in prison for all those years.
Yes, he got his revenge but was still locked up for all those years.
That is life in a prison, Art. It's not Hollywood talking.
It happens in real life too, Art. Many innocent people are locked up and it takes years, if ever to get justice for them.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That is life in a prison, Art. It's not Hollywood talking.
It happens in real life too, Art. Many innocent people are locked up and it takes years, if ever to get justice for them.
How do you know? Have you served time?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-04-2019, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
How do you know? Have you served time?
No of course not, but everybody reads the news and hears stories.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 10:47 AM

It's worth watching just for Red's internal monologue when he is on the bus heading got the beach. It brought a lump to mu throat when I read it in the book and it does every time I see the film.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Nobody decides a film is "the best". That entirely depends on each individual's personal choice.
This is in the official listings. In recent years it has been voted best film of all time and greatest movie ever made.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-04-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is in the official listings. In recent years it has been voted best film of all time and greatest movie ever made.
Yes, but it doesn't mean it's EVERYBODY's favourite, Annie. We all have our favourites and this is probably in my top 20.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 02:25 PM

My friend's favourite film of all time is The Railway Children. She loves the family feel-good films which I find SO boring. I made her watch The Green Mile with me and she couldn't even look at the screen for most of it, the wuss.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top