Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 07:06 AM

Re: wedding photos by so called professionals.

Under wraps? Nah. Life’s too short.

The T&C is just blurb that comes with the forum template, no doubt.

Are you submitting images (as in uploading to OFF) or linking to your account at a hosting site, as I do? And is there a difference? I don’t know.
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 09:23 PM

Yes quite complicated-eg If on here I post direct links to another site - who I guess have the same T&C who also claim the copyright where does the claim lie?

I suspect that the claim of copyright by these online sites is a heavy handed way of protecting against legal action.
So I post an image online - the site server has as expected a backup system- I could take a legal action to say that the site had made an electronic copy of my image without my consent.

So I guess the T&C statement albeit a bit draconian , protects the hosting site. As I said before-highly unlikely that the hosting site would dare to actually breach Intellectual Property rights.
Still as I said a bit draconian- don't show me your holiday snaps if you visit my home or I will claim them for myself.

Posting a photo by posting a direct link to a photo hosting site seems like money laundering affair!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 10:10 AM

I hope you're using an offshore hosting site.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top