Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 10:33 AM

Re: Happy St George's Day

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I will not be celebrating as such because there's nothing to celebrate anymore. You can be proud to be Irish, Scottish or Welsh but anyone proud to be English is considered to be a racist.

No mention of it on TV or radio so far.
Och dry Yer eyes Man ..There was no mention of St Andrews Day on here last November but Ye didnae hear Us kickin' up a fuss aboot it ..did Ye?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Och dry Yer eyes Man ..There was no mention of St Andrews Day on here last November but Ye didnae hear Us kickin' up a fuss aboot it ..did Ye?
Nothing about St Andrew's day down here either May, although I reckon there might be one or two Scots living in England. St Patrick's day gets a big mention every year without fail. Nothing at all about St George's day.

They did mention yesterday though that it was Stephen Lawrence day.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 03:26 AM

Well done and thank you to the directors producers scriptwriters and Actors who made Wednesday night episode of Coronation Street's St Georges day a memorable one, there was no lack of English flags on display in the Rovers and plenty of plugs for England, although a little late on the date due to it's timetable it was better late than never.

Well done Corrie Street
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 05:19 AM

It went by without me noticing to be honest...actually I wish we did make more of it....let's have it as a national holiday in fact let's have all the Saints days as holidays.....sounds good to me
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 09:35 AM

Yep your spot on there Summer, lets have all the Saints day as a national holiday and why not
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
well done and thank you to the directors producers scriptwriters and actors who made wednesday night episode of coronation street's st georges day a memorable one, there was no lack of english flags on display in the rovers and plenty of plugs for england, although a little late on the date due to it's timetable it was better late than never.

well done corrie street
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND

25-04-2019, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top