Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 10:02 PM

Re: The Saying Is ...’Old Friends Are The Best Friends’. Is This True?

My oldest friend who started school on the same day as me soon after WW2 and later became my best man in 1962, no longer remembers me. Even after showing him my wedding photos he still has no memories of those days at all. So sad.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
My oldest friend who started school on the same day as me soon after WW2 and later became my best man in 1962, no longer remembers me. Even after showing him my wedding photos he still has no memories of those days at all. So sad.

That is sad, EZ. Poor man.
Is his wife still alive?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
"S..t hits the fan,do you mean when the going gets tough,LD?

I have never heard of that expression before!.
That's correct Pauline.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Today, l went to Asda and met a friend that l have known since l was about 18.
Every time, we meet it is like, no years have passed through. We are still the young kids we were then.
We talk for ages and then go on our way, until the next time when we are transferred back to the mid 1960’s, again.

When l meet any friends from years ago, l feel like l am talking to a brother or a sister. I really love them and they will be my friends forever.

When l compare them to the loads of new friends, l have met in my later years. There seems to be a bit of a difference, l think my new friends are great but l don’t feel so close to them.

What do you think? Are old friends the best friends? Or am l being too nostalgic and there’s no difference?
Yes the friends of ones youth are the best .
We are more open when we are young and innocent .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 11:05 PM

That's sad EZ.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I very rarely see any of my old friends, a couple of my very best friends have passed away and one other now lives on the south coast and we lead totally different lives, I see him on the odd occasion that he visits family up here in Yorkshire but we feel awkward together having nothing in common.

To be honest, I think friends can be a bit of a pest turning up at the most inappropriate and unexpected times....I try not to encourage them.....

Probably why I like coming on the forum, I can pack you all away when I've had enough.....
Gotta appreciate brutal honesty
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 11:06 PM

That is sad. I’m so sorry
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
"S..t hits the fan,do you mean when the going gets tough,LD?

I have never heard of that expression before!.

Where have you been living Pauline ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I very rarely see any of my old friends, a couple of my very best friends have passed away and one other now lives on the south coast and we lead totally different lives, I see him on the odd occasion that he visits family up here in Yorkshire but we feel awkward together having nothing in common.

To be honest, I think friends can be a bit of a pest turning up at the most inappropriate and unexpected times....I try not to encourage them.....

Probably why I like coming on the forum, I can pack you all away when I've had enough.....
Now we know where we stand !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes the friends of ones youth are the best .
We are more open when we are young and innocent .
Muddy, We shock ourselves, talking about what we used to get up to. Thumbing lifts to different discotheques and club venues. Never dreaming we could easily have been murdered.

Drinking two barley wines and we were drunk, three and you didn’t feel too good! Going to parties. Staying out late until the early hours.

We couldn’t believe the escapades we got up to, yet we would have been mortified if our own children had hitch hiked everywhere as we did!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top