Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 05:57 AM

Re: The Saying Is ...’Old Friends Are The Best Friends’. Is This True?

Unfortunately I had a really bad experience with an old school pal who looked me up....the thing is I remembered her as young and carefree as we all were but people change which I found out to my cost.

I agree though that on the whole people we grew up with probably know us best and when I do meet up with true old pals it's like we just saw each other yesterday.

Just remember that life can change people not always for the better
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 06:04 AM

Not in my case I have some good lifelong friends but my best friend of 11 years has proved to be my closest fruebd who I trust completely, she's there for me and is more like a sister and I know I can call upon her day or night should I need to, works the same with me
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 06:36 AM

My schoolfriends & I have remained in touch since our last day at school together...... even if it was just via a Christmas card. we have meeting up parties every few years & one, who now has cancer , speaks to me every week on the phone.

We have had totally different lifestyles, but that never matters because we feel exactly the same about each other as we did in our teens. I have had lots of good friends, as I have got older, but there is never the same bond as I have with my school friends.

To me the saying "Old friends & the best friends" is true, providing you all take the time to remain friends
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2019, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is sad, EZ. Poor man.
Is his wife still alive?

Yes his wife is still alive and reasonably fit although life is very difficult for her now. Luckily their two sons are close at hand in case of any emergencies. They know they can always call on Joan and I too.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top