Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 07:29 AM

Re: Pizza.

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Home made for us Im afraid, but there again we have a long way to go for take out

Wow that's a whole new level...I would love that

I love pizzas too...Bratti your home made ones sound lovely....thin base lots of toppings...yummy
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
That’s it. Hawaiian Pizza. A nice blend of sweet and salty.
Spam. I remember that stuff. It was popular back then. Were you a military family?
No, Bratti I was not.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 08:39 PM

We like this one available from most supermarkets. Normally about £3, but it's usually on offer somewhere for £2. Always handy to have in the freezer, if you can't be fussed cooking a meal. Why people order overpriced pizzas from Dominos etc, is beyond me. Just chuck this feller in the oven for about 20 mins and you're done.

Attached Images

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 10:37 AM

I love pizza, and usually go for the Hawaiian, and at home add lots of tomato purée around the edge, and sprinkle on extra cheese. It is now well known, though, that a lot of ‘ham’ is ‘turkey’. I knew this, even before the show on ITV last night.

Sometimes I’ll buy a good meaty one. And I LOVE the Pizza Hut buffet, for the choice.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
We like this one available from most supermarkets. Normally about £3, but it's usually on offer somewhere for £2. Always handy to have in the freezer, if you can't be fussed cooking a meal. Why people order overpriced pizzas from Dominos etc, is beyond me. Just chuck this feller in the oven for about 20 mins and you're done.
Those are really tasty John...I also but prepared while you wait pizzas from Morrisons where you choose what you want as topping.
I like the ham and pineapple myself but the pepperoni is good also ...always have thin base pizzas and im not keen on stuffed crust ..
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Wow that's a whole new level...I would love that

I love pizzas too...Bratti your home made ones sound lovely....thin base lots of toppings...yummy
Originally Posted by CandyCrunch ->
No, Bratti I was not.
Thanks summer and CandyCrunch.

I hope Annie likes it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by CandyCrunch ->
Now, there's a mix, Bratti!

We used to call the pineapple pizza, an "Hawaiian pizza". I think it originated in Hawaii, using Spam and pineapple. Since our military base is there and they get a lot of Spam, (canned, ground up ham) Hawaiians use it regularly.
I think you will find that "Hawaiian pizza" was actually invented in Canada of all places. I always thought it was an Australian speciality in the 60s until someone put me right.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think you will find that "Hawaiian pizza" was actually invented in Canada of all places. I always thought it was an Australian speciality in the 60s until someone put me right.
Yayyyy Canada.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Yes Bruce...you're absolutely right, the Hawaiian Pizza was invented by a Greek/Canadian by the name of Sam Panopoulos...in Chatham, Ontario, 1962...

The first time that I ever ordered a Hawaiian Pizza was after seeing the stage play "Grease" in Toronto. On the way home we stopped at Mother's Pizza in Oshawa, Ontario and I ordered one but it was called the "Hula" back then in the early 80's...Mmmmm!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Home made for us Im afraid, but there again we have a long way to go for take out

That looks delicious, Missy!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top