Join for free
Page 286 of 370 « First < 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:54 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

So following a decent eight mile run I set up a chair outside and watched the world go by clutching a piping hot mug of Yorkshire Tea.....
My MOT for the week completed.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So following a decent eight mile run I set up a chair outside and watched the world go by clutching a piping hot mug of Yorkshire Tea.....
I’m genuinely relieved to read your run went well Bob
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 01:37 PM

Hi

Brilliant OGF.

A lesson to us all.

We can do it, age does not mean immobility.

We can all still enjoy life.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Congratulations! Truly! Even better that your rounded it out with a cup of Yorkshire Tea*.

Don't forget that GP appt .

*Forgive your ignorant friend, but what is it, exactly?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Congratulations! Truly! Even better that your rounded it out with a cup of Yorkshire Tea*.

It's a brand of tea in the UK that is very popular.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Yorkshire Tea will cure everything from Gout to exhausted runners, or just an excuse to have a good nag to a friend.....
A must for anyone visiting Yorkshire Surfermom....
Notice my Mug......

A doctors visit is iminent following the Bank holiday Surfermom....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-05-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I’m genuinely relieved to read your run went well Bob
Thanks Mags, managed to go out for Sunday Lunch but fell asleep on the sofa while watching the snooker later......I'll be glad when it's bedtime.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

05-05-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Brilliant OGF.

A lesson to us all.

We can do it, age does not mean immobility.

We can all still enjoy life.
Absolutely Swim and thanks, I'll keep going as long as I can, and I know you will too.....'When the going gets tough, the tough get going'!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 02:07 AM

One wonders; does one become the Yorkshire Legend from drinking Yorkshire tea or do Yorkshire Legends drink only Yorkshire tea?

Next, do we want to know what OGF did to earn such a mug that bears such a lofty title? All right, all right, I will behave...

If Yorkshire tea cures the exhausted runner. I earned a cup today:

The day: Perfect
The trail: Empty (on the beaches, perhaps)
Wildlife: Everywhere. Lefty the alligator was out, as was a bobcat and a sundry list of native birds
Pace: Shoddy, but I gave myself points for running on Sunday
Distance: Far, far. Seven
Now? Exhausted but happy. You know what that means...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 10:34 AM

Great news Bob on your return. I guess you're a little like myself mate, you have off days which play on your mind and feel that is is no return...how wrong you proved yourself and that eight-miler is fantastic. Yorkshire tea as a reward just caps if all off very nicely indeed (although I will always prefer Tesco's Finest Earl Grey)

Suzie - Lovely to see you enjoying your running too now that some of your personal problems are easing. I love your descriptions of the local wildlife as always

And Tachyon - You're slowly but surely becoming a training legend (not a leg-end like Bob ) and you're weights are creeping up very nicely there. I'll have to watch this new boy on my heels...

I'm slacking dreadfully I'm afraid.
One of my major faults is to get myself excited about something I have planned for it then to all fall through due to other things happening and be shelved. I always do that and the run I've been wanting to do has indeed fallen by the wayside this week. After an afternoon out with friends yesterday I didn't sleep well last night (as I don't anyway at weekends) and my energy levels are just not ready yet to go outside running. I'm making the most of a nice, casual weekend spent with family and friends and that by far outweighs any personal exercise I wanted to do.

I hate to change my mind but what's worse is telling you all that I'm going out on a run for the past fortnight and then retract my event. It's as if I've been lying to people and I haven't. I must NOT detail ANY training, running or the gym UNTIL I have physically carried it out and submit my write-up on here. I am so annoyed and frustrated with myself you wouldn't believe it, so I intend to put that right soon (but I won't say when!). Sorry folks

Page 286 of 370 « First < 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top