Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 03:52 PM

Re: EU Referendum Result - Your Views

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I think it's a sad day for Britain and the EU

I was surprised actually at the results - initially I thought it would be the richer areas that would be up for Brexit, but in fact it was the poorest areas (some might say where education is at its lowest) of England and Wales that wanted it most. I think Edward Snowden put it well when he said:

Incidentally, a yougov poll suggested that 75% of young people wanted to remain.

Boris Johnson has upset a lot of Londoners who were shouting "Shame on you" outside his London home http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36617918
I was amazed too ... I expected it to go with the Remain faction.

I think it's a good day for Britain (in the long run any way) ... but primarily because the EU has ended up been run by a handful of Euorocrats. There's nothing wrong with a consolidated Europe, it's not a bad idea, but I think it just began to exceed it's powers considering it originated as a Trade body, nothing else.
Plus .. it is only as strong as it's weakest link.
Should too many strong links exit it might not last long.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
All those in Scotland that voted remain will now vote for an independent Scotland so they can remain in the EU.

That's the only way I can see.
Unless they get a few more bribes, sorry more funding, from Westminster to replace the so-called funding from the EU, Scotland conveniently forgetting that EU funding is money repaid back from our membership fee.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I was amazed too ... I expected it to go with the Remain faction.

I think it's a good day for Britain (in the long run any way) ... but primarily because the EU has ended up been run by a handful of Euorocrats. There's nothing wrong with a consolidated Europe, it's not a bad idea, but I think it just began to exceed it's powers considering it originated as a Trade body, nothing else.
Plus .. it is only as strong as it's weakest link.
Should too many strong links exit it might not last long.
I was amazed too! And I agree with you Morti.

And I did love Azz's post yesterday where he explained his reasons for voting In.
My kids and all their mates all said similar sentiments.

We shall see...one thing is for sure, watch my lips, I will NOT be drawn into doom and gloom negativity, there's an element of it here which I find infuriating and destructive.

We need to make the most of this opportunity not wring our hands in despair...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I was amazed too! And I agree with you Morti.

And I did love Azz's post yesterday where he explained his reasons for voting In.
My kids and all their mates all said similar sentiments.

We shall see...one thing is for sure, watch my lips, I will NOT be drawn into doom and gloom negativity, there's an element of it here which I find infuriating and destructive.

We need to make the most of this opportunity not wring our hands in despair...
Never a truer word said.
A great deal of damage limitation in the early days of 'freedom' which will undoubtedly be a little rocky will depend on a positive attitude by all.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 04:04 PM

Never a truer word said.
A great deal of damage limitation in the early days of 'freedom' which will undoubtedly be a little rocky will depend on a positive attitude by all.
Shall we devise a suitable online punishment for negative posts???
Heheheh!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

24-06-2016, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Unless they get a few more bribes, sorry more funding, from Westminster to replace the so-called funding from the EU, Scotland conveniently forgetting that EU funding is money repaid back from out membership fee.
I know I'm might regret saying this if I get trounced ... but I'll say it anyway.

Perhaps we could sell on ownership and liability of that Barnett formula to the EU at a discount rate?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

24-06-2016, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Shall we devise a suitable online punishment for negative posts???
Heheheh!
No! Not just yet! Cos I just made one in another post
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 04:15 PM

No! Not just yet! Cos I just made one in another post
Ok starts now then, anything after mortis last post
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mei I think you have been badly informed , about 70% of the UK is agricultural land and we produce some of the best beef and lamb in the world.

In the fields next to my house there are 200 ewes and lambs so I am surprised to learn there is no farming.

Oh Good then Meg
It is something I read somewhere that the UK had sold many of its land to constructors and business centers and had neglected to develop sufficiently its own agriculture and farming ...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

24-06-2016, 04:19 PM

Okay ..here's an upbeat positive humorous thought.

With Britain out of the EU ... will English remain the EU's first official language?
Everywhere we go .. we leave our historic mark

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top