Join for free
Page 4 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:11 AM

Re: EU Referendum Result - Your Views

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's a victory!

I hope our present government will now knuckle down and do what's right for the Country.

Right for which half? They haven't done what's best for the country in the last 50 years, it's the height of optimism to think they will suddenly start now.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:19 AM

My daughter rang me at 6 am shouting we are OUT . I shot out of bed .

Power to the people
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I read it was about £100 per person per year or less than you pay for a TV licence (not that the rest of the world believes that you actually pay a tax just to be allowed to watch TV)
Is that the rest of the world who buy BBC programmes as they are better than theirs ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Right for which half? They haven't done what's best for the country in the last 50 years, it's the height of optimism to think they will suddenly start now.
For the half that voted to leave obviously.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:18 AM

I really think it is time to stop speculating and start acting.... I don't mean the government, I mean the people. Nearly all the major political parties wanted to remain, so we have shown them, with this vote, that this is a democracy so the people decide what they want. We should all stop sitting on our bums and complaining and make an effort to let our MP's know what they are doing wrong. I frequently exchange letters with my MP and got very fast results on my complaints about my cancer hospital. Our general election votes will now have more strength, if we tell them they are wrong and not giving what we voted for. Farage looked very confident when he spoke this morning and he spoke from his heart, not a piece of carefully contrived paper. I have no idea if he would lead this country well, but I hope that all future politicians will believe in what they do, rather than just do as their party says. That is what will make Britain Great again!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
With such a close result it's safe to say that we are a divided nation
Nearly half voted to remain
Many exit voters were of an older generation and/or from more impoverished areas and backgrounds (if we are to believe the experts)
Yet it is expected that a younger generation from mostly affluent and privileged backgrounds are going to lead us through the changes
Interesting times ahead
Hi

Exactly right Rhian.

We are a divided Nation and we need to all work together to get the best result.

They are already calls for an Election, with Labour Supporters cock a hoop at the prospect of Corbyn getting in.

With Corbyn in favour of unlimited Immigration, it rather defeats the object of many for Brexit.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:25 AM

We can never work truly together the everyone for themself ideal is too ingrained time to have done that was when Mrs t was setting in place the idea society didn't have an obligation to help people. Consequence is we now don't have the sort of society that can ever work together unless we see big changes very big changes.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:26 AM

Cameron and co have paid the price of their nasty campaign of fear, as well as their divisive policies that affected areas of our country outside the London centric bubble. It was till closer than i expected, and im still expecting dirty tricks in the future. But i hope some of those on the periphery, can step up to the plate and we get Mp`s who represent all rather than the narrow tunnel vision batch we now have.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-06-2016, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Cameron and co have paid the price of their nasty campaign of fear, as well as their divisive policies that affected areas of our country outside the London centric bubble. It was till closer than i expected, and im still expecting dirty tricks in the future. But i hope some of those on the periphery, can step up to the plate and we get Mp`s who represent all rather than the narrow tunnel vision batch we now have.
I hope so too Nom time for us all to vote more responsibly in future too.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:40 AM

The turn out was quite high im glad to say, 72% in my Labour dominated area, and almost all went for exit. This i feel is because many feel disenfranchised by all parties. Hopefully a message that may be recognized by those in power.

Page 4 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top