Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 05:09 PM

Re: A tragic accident. [Loughborough Junction deaths]

I feel sorry that they died whatever they were doing.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I feel sorry that they died whatever they were doing.
Totally agree.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:03 PM

When I was a child and something happened to another child, who was up to mischief, My parents always used to say " And that is what will happen you if you do the same stupid thing!"
I don't recall them feeling sorry for the injured child, they just said "lets hope she has learned not to make the same mistake again". Their reaction taught me well and I learned not to take risks, so have always been grateful for that teaching!
If we show great sympathy for those, who are hurt whilst doing wrong, aren't we teaching the young of today that it is alright to do wrong....so encouraging them to take risks?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
When I was a child and something happened to another child, who was up to mischief, My parents always used to say " And that is what will happen you if you do the same stupid thing!"
I don't recall them feeling sorry for the injured child, they just said "lets hope she has learned not to make the same mistake again".
They won't. They're dead.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:17 PM

I don't recall them feeling sorry for the injured child, they just said "lets hope she has learned not to make the same mistake again". Their reaction taught me well and I learned not to take risks, so have always been grateful for that teaching!
If we show great sympathy for those, who are hurt whilst doing wrong, aren't we teaching the young of today that it is alright to do wrong....so encouraging them to take risks?
My father's favourite expression was, "I would sooner see you up in the churchyard than turn out bad."
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My father's favourite expression was, "I would sooner see you up in the churchyard than turn out bad."
How do you think you have turned out?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
They won't. They're dead.
I know that, but perhaps with the right teaching that may not have taken the risk in the first place.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:51 PM

If you play with fire, you get burned, I have no sympathy with these dopey people whatsoever.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 07:47 PM

I know that, but perhaps with the right teaching that may not have taken the risk in the first place.

They weren't 12 year old's messing about either, apparently they were in their twenties, so surely must have known the dangers.
Their poor families.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have no sympathy for them if they were vandals.

You really are...

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top