Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 04:41 PM

Re: Female Doctor Who

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I watched the spider one, but the space ship hospital, last weeks, was much better. The creature would have been quite a cute one if it hadn't been so nasty.
It's Sci-Fi & meant to be entertainment.
It reminded me of a mini slithreen I think they were called, the farting monster from earlier series. I had a feeling it wouldn't be nice when we all went aww it's cute
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It reminded me of a mini slithreen I think they were called, the farting monster from earlier series. I had a feeling it wouldn't be nice when we all went aww it's cute :mrgreen:
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Exactly that Tachyon.

I see in the reviews that viewers are leaving in droves because it is all too pc and people are just sick of it.
I left Dr Who several years ago for that same reason.

I have no strong feelings about Dr Who being a woman (providing she has nice legs); that aspect of PC-ism doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's all the moralising and trendy multiculturalism and lefty ideals.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 02:08 AM

It hasn't been just a kids show for a long time.And even when it was, in the early days ,everybody watched to be scared by monsters not educated.
Chibnall can't write good dialogue so he fills up the time with facts and figures.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 08:36 AM

Apparently viewers are switching off in droves, and pushing the ratings down. They say it is too PC nowadays. Must admit I’m not bothered, not watched a couple of episodes now. They’re on the Sky box but we’ll see. I do like Bradley Walsh’s character, and his one liners.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
It hasn't been just a kids show for a long time.And even when it was, in the early days ,everybody watched to be scared by monsters not educated.
Chibnall can't write good dialogue so he fills up the time with facts and figures.
You are right it hasn't and I think that's a shame we all enjoyed it as kids I want my kids to have the same treat. Society has changed since then too so a few lessons thrown in about treating people nicely won't be wasted.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I left Dr Who several years ago for that same reason.

I have no strong feelings about Dr Who being a woman (providing she has nice legs); that aspect of PC-ism doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's all the moralising and trendy multiculturalism and lefty ideals.
I agree and what worries me is that all programmes will soon be this way.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 10:58 AM

Looks like another preachy episode coming along this Sunday. This one is set in the India of 1947 - the year of partition. Ostensibly to fight an evil monster while giving the Pakistani police woman of the group an insight into her heritage at the birth of Pakistan. Could the message be any more blatant?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Looks like another preachy episode coming along this Sunday. This one is set in the India of 1947 - the year of partition. Ostensibly to fight an evil monster while giving the Pakistani police woman of the group an insight into her heritage at the birth of Pakistan. Could the message be any more blatant?
Nope! The annoying thing is I would have to watch it in order to moan about it but I don't want to.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
What's wrong with that, it's history after all, just like the Rosa Parks episode.
I don't see the point in analysing programs to death. People do it with books & films too. It's entertainment.

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top