Join for free
Page 16 of 35 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:03 PM

Re: Misled Over Brexit ? Certainly Looks That way !

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
WTO Rules are absolutely clear, if we do not institute Customs Regulations with the EU we cannot institute them with anyone else.

NI is involved as it is part of the UK, not part of the EU and the Good Friday Agreement prohibits a fixed Border in NI.

I always knew that we would have to have a Border and one in the Irish Sea is fine by me.

Boris has gone for a very hard Brexit, only one step short of No Deal, there is a price to pay for it.

A Norway or a Switzerland arrangement would have done for me.

I wanted out because I did not want any further Integration and our Politicians were selling us down the road.

They still are as regards Fishing, it is a nightmare for our fisheries.
If that, and losing full access to part of the UK (NI) is a 'very hard Brexit', I'm a Chinaman.

As I've said before, what Boris 'achieved' for us was BRINO.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Perhaps you shouldn't make sweeping statements if you have no idea what you're talking about!
I have a theory that you wouldn't have minded the sweep of my statement had it been in line with your thinking.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:07 PM

If that, and losing full access to part of the UK (NI) is a 'very hard Brexit', I'm a Chinaman.

Saying it doesn't make it true.
That's why even the most hardcore Brexiters do not think that what we have is BRINO, as Farage & the ERG group have very clearly stated.

We are two months in.
Completely undoing fifty-odd years of attempted integration will not happen that quickly, and it would not have been any different had we had a no-deal Brexit.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I have a theory that you wouldn't have minded the sweep of my statement had it been in line with your thinking.
I don't often agree with you but there I suspect that you are absolutely spot-on.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:10 PM

There is a limit to what can be achieved; you should prepare yourself for that limit falling within the bounds of "BRINO".
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:11 PM

Don't know what you are referring to.

Lost what?

In the referendum .

Keep up
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:14 PM

There is a limit to what can be achieved; you should prepare yourself for that limit falling within the bounds of "BRINO".
Strange! Boris and the government were all set to leave completely and trade under WTO right up to the last minute.

I have seen no clear evidence of why he changed his mind then and handed over our fishing areas and part of the UK.

The only possible reason I can think of (or perhaps you can offer an alternative reason?) is that he had planned to do that anyway, and even then I don't know why he should decide to do that.

I'm still waiting to hear your justification for why we couldn't have left the EU completely!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2021, 01:16 PM

BRINO isn't what we voted for
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The important thing is that we are out, we can sort the rest over a period of time.

The EU Vaccine Mess is a prime example of why I voted out.
Do you believe that Swimmy?
I'm still waiting for evidence !
The period of time is only to tire or bore the electorate untill
they give up imo??

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Harbal
South Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I don't often agree with you but there I suspect that you are absolutely spot-on.

No worries, Zaphod, I'm well used to people not agreeing with me, so I appreciate it all the more when they do.

Page 16 of 35 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top