Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 12:19 PM

Re: I never thought I would hear this

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
And you really think that groups of a dozen or more, who work shifts, all choose to gather, in places like sheltered car parks, when they have done a nights work and need sleep?
Not all youngsters are hard working people, some have been brought up in families where work is a no go area!
But my point was we have no idea why they were there.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm not into bashing our young people as lazy, does anyone know a young person who doesn't work or refuses to work? Where are they? I certainly don't know any.

When I voted out, immigration was a consideration, we need to control our borders but that doesn't mean close them.

Yes, we will still need some foreign workers and we we should not consider that a bad thing what we should be planning is how to control who we want and ensuring our benefits system is beneficial to people here who are entitled not people who come here for handouts.
I don't know any young people who would want to work as agricultural workers, waiting tables, cleaning toilets, as baristas or in a factory long-term. These are jobs that pay the minimum wage and don't have any career prospects. Some are seasonal and often they have no contract or zero hours without any job security.

So while our young people might do them for a Summer to earn some money, we don't have enough young willing people here to keep farms, hotels and factories going. There may be some, but not enough to keep our economy moving.

There are lots of jobs that aren't glamorous enough in our aspiring age of Kardasian easy money.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But my point was we have no idea why they were there.
Well I trust my judgement on situations like that and find that I am frequently right. My niece lives on a council estate, where some of these boys live and is afraid to walk alone to her brothers, about 300 yards away. Not all young people are nice and the bad ones often don't work, live off benefits and cause trouble!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 05:27 PM

My lad's doing an apprenticeship in game design....he gets a massive £100 p/w for 38 hours....he also spends 2 hrs a day travelling by train and bus.

Never once has he complained.

None of his mate's are workshy.

On the flipside a pals son wont work and hangs around with likeminded yoofs.

hey ho.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well I trust my judgement on situations like that and find that I am frequently right. My niece lives on a council estate, where some of these boys live and is afraid to walk alone to her brothers, about 300 yards away. Not all young people are nice and the bad ones often don't work, live off benefits and cause trouble!
I agree. We've all seen them.

If they were made to work for their benefits money, they'd be too tired to roam the streets on an evening making life worse for the rest of us.

There's the answer. Will it ever happen?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
My lad's doing an apprenticeship in game design....he gets a massive £100 p/w for 38 hours....he also spends 2 hrs a day travelling by train and bus.

Never once has he complained.

None of his mate's are workshy.

On the flipside a pals son wont work and hangs around with likeminded yoofs.

hey ho.
That is my point Tpin, some youths will work, and will be on the way to becoming an independent person. Some won't, and they will be a constant drain on the benefits system.
If we helped them find a job( any job), or made them work for their benefits they would soon get off their backsides to find a job they liked.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
that is my point tpin, some youths will work, and will be on the way to becoming an independent person. Some won't, and they will be a constant drain on the benefits system.
If we helped them find a job( any job), or made them work for their benefits they would soon get off their backsides to find a job they liked.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 06:57 PM

Well maybe I live in a high employed area but truly I don't see them. I think whatever we do there will always be an underclass of people that live on benefits as a lifestyle choice. That's not peculiar solely to the UK many countries have a similar problem.

Its unfair though to label all our young people as lazy, its not the case although I expect many struggle to find their place in the world just as we did when we were young.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

25-02-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Well maybe I live in a high employed area but truly I don't see them. I think whatever we do there will always be an underclass of people that live on benefits as a lifestyle choice. That's not peculiar solely to the UK many countries have a similar problem.

Its unfair though to label all our young people as lazy, its not the case although I expect many struggle to find their place in the world just as we did when we were young.
I never did! I found weekend work,whilst still at school, then applied for 3 full time jobs and was offered all of them. I wasn't earning a fortune but I did work hard and it was noticed... so that is how I managed to climb the ladder. I also applied for and got a transfer, so I could buy a house in a less expensive area.
Not all young people are lazy, but some are, and none of them spend Mon to Fri searching for work. That is why I believe that they should do work to gain their benefits, so they don't come to believe that their benefits are just spends.provided by the government, whilst mum and dad will provide their food and accommodation.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 07:29 PM

I did all sorts twink before I settled for a job I thought was me, I was lucky though in that there were lots of jobs available where I lived and I wasn't picky. I wish I had my time to come again though I might make different life choices

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top