Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 07:11 AM

Care home appointment

Am off later today to view a care home i'd like my mother to go to. Its down in Cardigan set in 10acres overlooking the river Teifi. Ive had some great reports of the place so im hoping it all goes to plan. Mother has dementia and has been in hospital since before Christmas Her condition has been very rapid and its been decided that she can't possibly go back to her house even with a full care package in place. She's fine about the move and they will allow her little dog to go there too They have a single room with en suite available too which is exactly what she wants & she can take a few pieces of her own furniture. Its all been a bit of a leveller but im sure it'll all be ok.
Will report on the care home later this afternoon
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

01-03-2013, 09:51 AM

Re: Care home appointment

I hope the visit goes well for you both.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Cassie, I'm sorry to hear about your mother .. I understand what you are going through.
I hope the care home is as good as it sounds.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

01-03-2013, 10:28 AM

Our Mother's care home was 5*, not that she appreciated it! The staff were very caring and put up with her much better that her own family would have done. Having met many people run ragged by caring for their elderly parents, I am firmly of the opinion that a good quality care home is by far the best option for the elderly who can't look after themselves.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 10:38 AM

I feel for you Cassie. It's heart breaking condition. It steals the person you have known and loved all your life and replaces them with a stranger. I hope the home is all you would wish for her, it does sound ideal.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 10:42 AM

I hope the visit goes well Cassie I love the area around Cardigan .
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 11:30 AM

Will be thinking of you, Cassie. I sincerely hope the visit goes well.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 11:34 AM

Sorry to hear about your Mum. The home sounds really good if you can keep your pet and have some momentoes from home. Tell them about
your Mums likes and dislikes so they have something to talk about to her.
Hope everything goes well for you and your Mum. Take care.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 12:35 PM

Sympathies from me too Cassie - with dementia, professional 24 hour a day care is needed. Even at the local hospital where I work, patients with dementia/alzheimers are fitted with wristbands so if they wander off the wards unnoticed, as soon as they go through the doors, all the alarms go off and alert the staff so they are 'recovered' very quickly and brought safely back. It sounds as though the Home is considerate to its 'guests' if they are allowing pets and personal items - unlike the home where my grandmother lived; dreadful place.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 01:59 PM

I hope the Care Home meets with your expectations for your Mum, Cassie. I think it's very considerate of them to allow pets, it can mean so much to the residents who unfortunately have to go through this upheavel in life.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top