Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 07:12 PM

Re: Care home appointment

Well it all went as well as I hoped Beautiful place inside & out. Mum can have a downstairs room that comprises of a small lounge that will fit her 2 seater sofa & chest/table. There's a tv point & her sky dish can be put there as I haven't cancelled her account to keep her in their loop. There's a phone point that can be activated too. It has patio doors that lead out to a patio area and a seat and room for her pots etc. The lounge leads to a single bedroom that has a lovely wardrobe and a chest of drawers and a window overlooking the gardens.. and off that is an en suite with wet room style shower etc. She can have it however she wants and if she wants to have it redecorated she can. They were lovely people and we were met at the door by Judith who was dressed as a daffodil!!!! The emphasis is that its not their carehome its the residents home and they can do whatever they want and come and go as they please so i'll be able to take her out & about There's a very nice room where they have music, dancing, piano and is a kind of social area. Then theres a big lounge if they choose to sit and watch tv together and a restaurant area but they can eat in their room if they prefer. They are big on fun and humour which will suit mum as she cant be doing with miseries lol There's ramp paths around the outside so staff can take them for a wander around the gardens and a greenhouse is going up soon for those who like to use them. There was a lovely feeling of happiness there and when my friend & I went into the day room most of the residents waved and greeted us like old friends One old lady was carrying a bowl of soup a half chewed roll to try and take it to the kitchen and Judith was so gentle with her and helped her and I felt very comfortable around her. They were having a party this afternoon for St Davids day and some people had painted decorations and they'd made welsh cakes yesterday. So mums having her assessment done today or tomorrow and if everything's ok she can move in next week. All in all a very happy place to be in and it smelt lovely too!! Im funny with smells and so's mum lol
Thanks all for your well wishes.. its been a very hard few months for both mum & myself but things are looking up
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 07:30 PM

Cassie, it does sound like a happy environment and that must be a weight off your mind to find such a place.

I hope your Mum's assessment goes well and she can, as you say, move in next week.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 07:36 PM

Cassie the home sounds lovely, I hope all goes to plan and both of you have a stress free transition..
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

01-03-2013, 07:57 PM

It sounds FANTASTIC Cassie.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 07:58 PM

Cassie - how loverly, must be a good feeling for you and a cloud lifted.... Best wishes to you and Mum...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 08:29 PM

Sounds ideal, Cassie. I hope all goes we'll for you and your mum.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 08:50 PM

I'm chuffed for you and mum, Cassie.
Peace of mind for both of you and the place sounds perfect.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 08:55 PM

You describe it lovely Cassie and it sounds great, hope your Mother is happy and at ease there, not before time things started to go right for you, best of luck.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 09:12 PM

Errrm Cassie darlin' - what's the address of this place??? - I'm moving in next week!!!
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2013, 10:44 PM

I hope she will be happy there.

Just remember it is the staff who care for the residents and I would be looking for staff who have been there for some time?

Unfortunately most homes suffer from frequent staff turnover and keeping good staff is a never ending struggle for the managers (owners).

Be careful with expensive items like Jewellery and watches?

They can go missing and I would recommend costume jewellery if you feel she still needs to retain some?

Marking of clothing is also important or other residents might end up wearing some items?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top