Join for free
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 06:35 PM

Games

Does anyone remember these?

Tip it

The moon is round

This stick rests.

Usually played at Christmas-despite having a vile father I also had a wonderful Aunt and Uncle whose house was a place of fellowship and kindness.

Uncle John would always say grace,spend some time with other adults from his ministery and then games.

It took me a few years to get the answer to the latter two and I didn`t worry-next Christmas I will.

Oh and when I did----------I must have been 10 or even older.

But the game and answer will have to wait until others have a chance to say if they knew them
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 06:39 PM

Re: Games

I can't say I've heard of any on those games, OG
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 08:38 PM

Me neither

We use to play lots of skipping games.

Chain He..

Jacks

French skipping

Christmas was alway chase the ace ..card games
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 09:51 PM

Unknown to me on this side of the Pond.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2010, 10:34 PM

Don't know this one either OG........
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2010, 01:05 PM

take a walking stick and describe the moon on the floor;

The moon is round,it has two eyes, a nose and a mouth-hand the stick to someone and say "can you do this?"

Well can they?

Like all simple tricks it`s nothing to do with the moon. You cross your legs/feet upon handing over the stick.

Maybe a bit too simple in this age of computer games but 50 years ago it intrigued me
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

10-09-2010, 01:16 PM

This stick rests.

A game of brain wave transfer. The person with the stick holds it to their head and the person to receive the message.

When the message has been received the receiver goes out of the room.

The stick holder places it on the shoulder of someone in the room and calls out "this stick rests" the reply from outside is "let it rest"

This is repeated a couple or so times until the stick rests on the shoulder of the person whose name was `transferred`

"This stick rests,rests on who?"

The person outside now names the person upon whose shoulder the stick rests.

The answer? and it took me a few Christmases to get was.............the stick is resting on the last person to talk or make an obvious sound before the recipient says the message had been received

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top