Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:34 PM

Re: Ring Doorbell.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

They may not be interested, but I am.
Why? There is nothing you could do about it.

As for razor wire, a VERY bad idea, if I was one of your space invaders there's lots of fun I could have starting with electrifying it.

As I wrote a properly installed electric fence - if for some unfathomable reason you feel you have to do something - that would be your best bet.

No matter what active response you foolishly take better check your house insurance especially coverage for windows because whoever is getting up your nose WILL respond.

Why not just suck it up? You will not win but you will make matters very much worse even by trying.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:44 PM

Show cctv images to the cops and they won't open a case.

Major events like a murder, stalking, paedophilia or racism, investigators will find cctv evidence and use it in an existing case. 😐
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
This is the latest news re: Ring doorbells. Apparently they were bought out by Amazon and now the film taken by this device is to be encrypted, making it more secure.

"Amazon is to offer end-to-end encryption for videos captured by the Ring doorbell worldwide, following a successful trial in the US.

It means that only the smartphone on which the video is received will be able to view the files.

End-to-end encryption is a security feature favoured by privacy-focused messaging services such as WhatsApp.

However, some governments, including the UK, say it makes law enforcement more difficult."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57817464
I don't have a Ring doorbell, but I do have two Ring security cameras with lights.

Personally, I have never really worried about encryption and whether or not my recordings are encrypted, as I can't imagine anyone (other than the Plod) being interested in viewing the recordings.

In fact, should I ever have a recording of someone attempting to break into my property, the Plod will be more than welcome to my recordings - assuming that they'd have time to do anything about them, of course!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
The one downfall of CCTV, if nobody knows that person caught on their camera committing a crime and they are not known to police, is that all you have is a photograph or film of that person committing a crime, nothing more. Not a lot of good really but that's what the police will say when faced with your 'evidence' of CCTV if they cannot put a name to the face.
Having said that, I see a lot of photographs on my local Facebook group taken of 'ne'er do wells', asking if anyone can identify them. If they are locals, there is a likelihood that some will be named.
Whether the police would act, I don't know.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why? There is nothing you could do about it.

As for razor wire, a VERY bad idea, if I was one of your space invaders there's lots of fun I could have starting with electrifying it.

As I wrote a properly installed electric fence - if for some unfathomable reason you feel you have to do something - that would be your best bet.

No matter what active response you foolishly take better check your house insurance especially coverage for windows because whoever is getting up your nose WILL respond.

Why not just suck it up? You will not win but you will make matters very much worse even by trying.
Hi

And you are the expert on this?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

And you are the expert on this?
Probably more than you will ever know!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 08:48 PM

Probably more than you will ever know!
I never know what to make of you, Todger, you can go from one end of my scale to the other in just a few posts. At this very moment, however, you are my hero.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 09:00 PM

I have the Ring doorbell, twice I have been asked by plod if they can have access to footage for a certain date, the first time plod gave me a form to sign which authorised them to ask Ring for access to footage recorded on my doorbell.
The second time plod just asked me if I had recorded anything on a certain date, as you might know a Ring Doorbell does not record 24/7 only when your doorbell picks up an activation, checking my iPad revealed nothing for that date.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

13-07-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I never know what to make of you, Todger, you can go from one end of my scale to the other in just a few posts. At this very moment, however, you are my hero.
I take that as a compliment.

I know I'm a bit of an anomaly. From starting in a Manchester rough area to (somehow) gaining a half decent degree in spite of - or maybe because of abusing "certain substances".

Then an early career change, then others picking up bits of paper best used to cover damp patches as I went, a couple more career path changes and ending up in the boonies of "Silly Suffolk" having retired in my early 50's.

Been a bit naughty from time to time (and got away with it!) and now just "hangin' out with my dong out"

To be honest I could write a book but no-one would believe it!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 09:13 PM

To be honest I could write a book but no-one would believe it!
Like I said, Todger, you can make me angry one minute and make me laugh the next, but I have come round to thinking that you are genuine. I would believe your book.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top