Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 09:35 PM

Re: Ring Doorbell.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Why? There is nothing you could do about it.

As for razor wire, a VERY bad idea, if I was one of your space invaders there's lots of fun I could have starting with electrifying it.

As I wrote a properly installed electric fence - if for some unfathomable reason you feel you have to do something - that would be your best bet.

No matter what active response you foolishly take better check your house insurance especially coverage for windows because whoever is getting up your nose WILL respond.

Why not just suck it up? You will not win but you will make matters very much worse even by trying.

Why should he suck it up?

You put calthorps down you told us on here once...those spikes that puncture tyres..why didn’t you just “ suck it up”.....

He’s not a well man for heavens sake, where’s your empathy!!.

He deserves peace and quiet and no stress!!.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Why should he suck it up?

You put calthorps down you told us on here once...those spikes that puncture tyres..why didn’t you just “ suck it up”.....

He’s not a well man for heavens sake, where’s your empathy!!.

He deserves peace and quiet and no stress!!.
I don't do empathy. Sometimes I do "feel"for the state some folk get into but very seldom.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 09:56 PM

If you answer the door by speaking through the doorbell, are you not just telling the caller that you are not in?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If you answer the door by speaking through the doorbell, are you not just telling the caller that you are not in?
Yes...but the fact that you can see them and they know you can see them, will prevent them doing anything to the empty house. At least, I think that's how its supposed to happen....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes...but the fact that you can see them and they know you can see them, will prevent them doing anything to the empty house. At least, I think that's how its supposed to happen....
Swim just said (on another thread) that criminals take no notice of CCTV.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:06 PM

Oh..ok. Well maybe its a ruse then. Like they ring the Ring, find nobody in, go round the back, find a window to whack.

Oh gosh that was quite good for this time of night, was it not?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:19 PM

He may be right, because they only have to cover their face with a balaclava, they wouldn’t be recognised on camera, would they?.

You would obviously know what time and day they entered..not much good without a face to identify.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:13 AM

I find the easiest way to discover who is at the front door is to open it, my bell doesn't go "Riiinnng" it has 12 tunes I can choose from.

If it was a courier their image probably wouldn't show up on video, they can drop a parcel, ring the doorbell and disappear into their truck in a nano second.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I have the Ring doorbell, twice I have been asked by plod if they can have access to footage for a certain date, the first time plod gave me a form to sign which authorised them to ask Ring for access to footage recorded on my doorbell.
The second time plod just asked me if I had recorded anything on a certain date, as you might know a Ring Doorbell does not record 24/7 only when your doorbell picks up an activation, checking my iPad revealed nothing for that date.
These are events in your street nothing to do with your property? They are treating ring like CCTV that we personally fund? Cheeky.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:19 AM

Definitely look forward to encryption. Neighbourhood watch just got a whole lot more sinister & creepy.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top