Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 11:32 AM

Introvert...Extrovert.

I think we can be both in different areas?

How about,?

What does an Introvert...Extrovert mean to you?

Are you one or the other?

Or maybe both?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 11:47 AM

Re: Introvert...Extrovert.

Me? I'm recursive.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Me? I'm recursive.

Interesting.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-07-2021, 11:53 AM

I’m outgoing in some areas...

Not so much in other areas....you would never get me sitting in a pub alone.

Yet, I can quite confidently go the gym...I don’t feel self conscious one bit.

In a pub I would....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 11:55 AM

This isn't a dig at you pauline, but my wife and I were having a chat about how quiet singing was at her Methodist church nowadays due to covid causing smaller congregations.

I pointed out to her that in Catholic services, wearing face masks would make it easier to work out who was miming since the bellowing effect of the material would be observable.

Introverts mime, extroverts sing?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-07-2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
This isn't a dig at you pauline, but my wife and I were having a chat about how quiet singing was at her Methodist church nowadays due to covid causing smaller congregations.

I pointed out to her that in Catholic services, wearing face masks would make it easier to work out who was miming since the bellowing effect of the material would be observable.

Introverts mime, extroverts sing?
Yes, I understand that.

I can’t sing have also been caught singing, when everyone else had stopped...it was embarrassing..

I mime now....after that incident.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes, I understand that.

I can’t sing have also been caught singing, when everyone else had stopped...it was embarrassing..

I mime now....after that incident.
If you do become embarrassed about being caught out miming, join a RC congregation. It's almost a pre-requisite
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

02-07-2021, 12:06 PM

It's an interesting thing about one's outgoing nature and how much of it is nature v nurture.

I read that physiologically some parts of your brain become "eroded" over time, and in particular those parts which hold the fight or flight mechanisms. Hence why one tends to be less inhibited the older one gets.

One example of this is sunglasses. I used to wear sunglasses dark enough to hide what I was looking at (and yes, I mean ladies). Nowadays, I don't care whether they catch me out looking at them or not!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-07-2021, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It's an interesting thing about one's outgoing nature and how much of it is nature v nurture.

I read that physiologically some parts of your brain become "eroded" over time, and in particular those parts which hold the fight or flight mechanisms. Hence why one tends to be less inhibited the older one gets.

One example of this is sunglasses. I used to wear sunglasses dark enough to hide what I was looking at (and yes, I mean ladies). Nowadays, I don't care whether they catch me out looking at them or not!
I know what you mean.

I wore sunglasses to hide my shyness, can you believe I was ever shy.( painfully shy)...I can’t believe it myself ,let alone others....

Definitely become less inhibited as I’ve gotten older, I think for me,I’ve come to the realisation of what matters and what doesn’t.

Maybe a confidence in oneself?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 12:21 PM

My family would class me as an extrovert, but I simply see my self as highly assertive and determined.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top