Join for free
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 01:00 PM

Whopping great cheeky waste of money!!

My friend has taken her met office police husband into the big smoke today for a hearing test. He is working at the Notting Hill Carnival in August so he can't sue his employers afterwards claiming the loud music made him deaf. What a ridiculous waste of time and money!!!!!!!!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Re: Whopping great cheeky waste of money!!

It's due to the compensation society that we live in. A lot of people are out to claim for anything and everything they can.

I'm not saying that it's true in this case but I suppose employers have to guard against an employee suing. Perhaps the hearing test is cheaper than a claim for compensation.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 02:44 PM

If the music's going to be so loud that it poses a danger to hearing, then the council should make them lower the volume surely?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 04:13 PM

The last time I went to Hospital it said that there were complications that coud arise namely puncture of the colon(Having a camera in the bowel) and if this happened I would need surgery, then the nurse asked did i want to have the test, I said oh it will be alright I have had many before and she said I had to say yes myself and sign the paper. This hasnt been said. It could easily put people off and they would say no and go home again, its all to do with being sued. Also there were questions about Mad cow discease, also first.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2012, 04:44 PM

I was thinking more on that angle PM! Im wondering if its worth going down myself and then making a personal claim that im now as deaf as a post and I hear whistling bongos in my left ear constantly!!
I know why its done its just one of those eye rolling tutting things that really irritates me lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top