Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 08:06 PM

Re: 50 shades anyone??

I took a look but don't see what the fuss is...

Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2012, 08:37 PM

Lol just a matter of preference isn't it lol
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I took a look but don't see what the fuss is...

Just as I thought. Much ado about nothing
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

26-07-2012, 03:59 PM

I downloaded the triology to my kindle and read the first one and found it amusing, but I thought it was written for the lady reader?..........have not read the other two yet, are they in a similar style?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 10:40 PM

I was given the first one I am half way through and am finding it like a Mills and Boon, which I read when I was very young and silly. I will persevere and decide at the end if I will bother with the other two books
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 11:24 PM

I've nearly finished the first of the trilogy...quite a raunchy and titillating read! The book was on the patio table yesterday, when my daughter arrived. She gave me quite a look and laughed - "not your usual sort of reading matter, mother" - was her remark. She has read the trilogy, it was on the list of books in her book club. We both said we could slap Ana.. and we both thought it wasn't well written...I find I'm speed reading the sex bits, getting a bit fed up with so much of it
Like any story, I want to know what happens at the end, so I will continue.
They are thinking of making a film of it!!
mesco m
manchester

27-07-2012, 12:04 AM

If they do make a film, Ana will have to be less compliant and less in awe of the control freak.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2012, 08:07 PM

I haven't read it but I think the marketing for it was done brilliantly may read it am not sure yet
mesco m
manchester

04-08-2012, 10:45 AM

I am now two thirds way through this book and I am having trouble understanding what all the hype is about.
I am finding it boring, to be honest and repetitive in content. But then there are only so many scenarios that involve this activity, so maybe this is what the books are all about Apart from the "Red room of pain" I can only assume that the people who are finding it so absorbing have had a mundane life beneath the sheets.
I will persevere with the trilogy and will review the first book when I have finished it. A Mills and Boon romantic theme, with some perversions thrown in for good measure.
Definatley not a literary masterpiece
But I very much doubt that the author intended it be. She has made much money from it, so I very much doubt she will care about my humble opinion.
What do other readers think?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 12:06 PM

mesco m ... I'm reading this with interest.

You keep reading and tapping out the review.
The Mills & Boons bit put me off ... can't stand all that slushy romantic stuff.... or worse, BIG arrogant HE-MAN treats WIMPISH woman like a doormat and she revels in it.
Ugh.
Still .. the titillating bits sound interesting .. though of course,(with my tongue firmly stuck in prudish cheek) ... I would naturally find unadulterated raunchy filth highly offensive.

The reason I'm asking is the shop up the road from me ... TheWorks ... is selling the trilogy in a boxed set for £17 and I would hate for them to sell out quicker than you can read and review the thing for me.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top