Join for free
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:15 PM

Astra zeneca and EU ??

What's going on?
Millions of AZ vaccine now laying in wharehouses while people
go unvaccinated?
Are politics intruding in medical matters. ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:17 PM

Re: Astra zeneca and EU ??

Well, I heard that the blood clotting was an issue.....I must admit, if I was offered the AZ vaccine, I would refuse it, based on what I have read.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Well, I heard that the blood clotting was an issue.....I must admit, if I was offered the AZ vaccine, I would refuse it, based on what I have read.
Yes, but only 40 cases in millions of jabs, and no problems in UK ??
Maybe EU don't do a medical history questionnaire BEFORE giving
the jab PK, unlike the NHS ????

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔👎
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:28 PM

This is true, of course. There could be many underlying reasons for ill health after the jab has been done. And what medical history questionnaire are you talking about? I haven't had my jab yet, but Mr P has and he wasn't asked anything......but maybe they already know your medical background?
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:35 PM

We have both had the AZ jab, with no side effects whatever. There was a brief medical history check before it was administered but, of course, it was done at our own GP surgery and they have all our medical records to hand.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

15-03-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
We have both had the AZ jab, with no side effects whatever. There was a brief medical history check before it was administered but, of course, it was done at our own GP surgery and they have all our medical records to hand.
Ahh, our GP practice isn't doing that unless you are over 75. Otherwise you need to go to the local community centre and have it done by a nurse - who generally is not affiliated with the practice. Well...she wasn't from our place anyway. Everywhere is different....I would feel reassured by a questionnaire, if I'm honest....rather than just a "next please" and jabbed.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:51 PM

Ahh, our GP practice isn't doing that unless you are over 75. Otherwise you need to go to the local community centre and have it done by a nurse - who generally is not affiliated with the practice. Well...she wasn't from our place anyway. Everywhere is different....I would feel reassured by a questionnaire, if I'm honest....rather than just a "next please" and jabbed.
Yes, I get that Pixie. It would feel a bit like just being processed in a factory, with no reference to personal health records.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 07:03 PM

I get my second Astra Zeneca vaccine in 12 days time. No qualms none whatsoever. If the EU block it's use all the more supplies for UK citizens.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 07:11 PM

Then I would have to question what you are reading because it isn't difficult to understand.

'“Around 17 million people in the EU and UK have now received our vaccine, and the number of cases of blood clots reported in this group is lower than the hundreds of cases that would be expected among the general population,” said Ann Taylor, AstraZeneca’s chief medical officer.'
https://nypost.com/2021/03/15/astraz...ood-clot-risk/

When the WHO agrees and not being vaccinated puts you at a very real risk of death from Covid-19, refusal seems counter-productive because statistically you are far more likely to die of Covid-19.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

15-03-2021, 07:17 PM

Good post Zaphod. We need to keep a perspective.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top